Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Story Lines Rock!! (Of Kilted Pleasure)

 Oh my, I've had such an amazing response from followers and readers so far about the new book "Of Kilted Pleasure" that I have decided to put together the skeleton of the book now, and it may supersede that of  "The Murder Book".  I'm actually writing both books simultaneously, but I've been asked by my youngest, and by my agent, to consider giving the "sex" book, as they're calling it, more attention so that it can be produced faster and so it can be published before The Murder Book.  I am so not calling my romance novel "The Sex Book". It's not going to happen. That can be a working title I suppose.

    When I asked my kids to read the blog I wrote introducing the first lines or pages of the new romance book I had to be honest with them and let them know that there would be moments of intimacy; and/or yeah, there is going to be straight up (no pun intended) erotica type writing; so since they are all adults....crickets.  My son flat refused, saying he didn't want to even think about thinking about it. His mother is not that sort of person, he remembers being told he was found under a rock, and he has not allowed himself to think otherwise.  My 2nd child, Laura, told me no as well. She isn't into sex really, and she isn't really into reading, so there would be no reason for her to read a romance book; it wasn't going to happen.  At least my 3rd child is a reader and yeah, she's rather sensual and sexy, so she not only read it, but she gave me tips! Thank you, Caity! Thank you for being normal!

    Caity actually told me that my book had some Susie Bright potential. That sounds awesome...who is that again? She then told me that Susie Bright is a famous erotica writer and she was one of the first feminist writers with any real power. OK, well that's cool. I used to write erotica as a young woman, and during nights out with the girls, (friends, not my kids) we would each write up a paragraph or two and then try to outdo the other women in the room. Of course, it was a drinking game, but since I really didn't drink, I had to be sure to win so that I wasn't forced to take a shot! I won more often than not, so I guess by not wanting to get drunk I was able to stay sober enough to tantalize and touch....oops, there I go again...tease the others in the room! 

    I'm now in my room thinking up the backstories of the two main characters in the book. The thing is, there are three - - and at one point, you'll have to read it to find out, all three are in the same bed at the same time; only since one is really only a fantasy there is still room for the lovers to move about without being too obnoxious. There will be laughter and there will be mewling. Plenty of mewling to go around I promise. I'll give you a tease: Aria, the man feminine character talks to herself in order to gain access to what the characters for her plays and stories will say. This behavior leads to some interesting conversations let alone bedtime stories (pun intended).  Ewan, our less-than-warring battle reject is several years her junior but finds her too irresistible not to follow her to the secluded glens to watch her. He tells himself he is protecting her from harm. When he fantasizes it is about Aria.

    I think I could get the skeleton written in a couple of days, and flesh it out fairly quickly. I'm off for the next couple of weeks, maybe I'll throw myself into the sex book....what...I wasn't going to do that...and just keep the ball(s) rolling. Stop! Just stop! I was actually thinking of calling one of the areas they frolicked "Warriors Knob"....I still may. I know it's dreadfully crash, but I may do it anyway. There will be plenty of boring, dull, and mundane moments to flesh out the book - - why not spice it up when I can? I will. I haven't been this excited about finishing...no...stop, finishing a book, in a very long time.  You can't see him, but Craig Allan Mackenzie is leaning just over my shoulder with his ticklish two-day stubble and the scent of fresh basil and castor oil soap wafting up into the air, assaulting my nostrils. How on earth is a girl to concentrate with that going on behind her? Nope.  I need to take a break and make sure he's helped back into his kilt so he can travel on down the road for a minute. I have things to do. 

See ya soon! 


Photo Credit: LindaClifford.com  (This is an unfolded kilt or "plaid")

No comments: