Saturday, January 21, 2023

1211 (It's coming)

 Yeah, I know what you're thinking..."Hey Jude, the year 1211 has already come and gone, and really, it wasn't all that exciting!"  That's exactly what I want you to think! Ha! You fell right into my trap, didn't you?  Here's the thing, after I finish writing the Highlander book, what some are calling the "Sex Book", I'll be writing The Murder Book, which in case you can't figure it out by the title, is actually a book about a book. There's a murder book out there and the detective hero finds it and tries to stop the next events.  After that book, which should be finished sometime in May, I'll be writing a book that I really really (no, really) should have written over 30 years ago, but with life and so many events taking place it got pushed back to the back of the bus for sure. That book, so you know, is titled "1211"; so when I talk about it I'll say "Twelve-Eleven" not One Thousand Two Hundred and Eleven. I thought I might need to clarify that part of it.

    The book will be based on truth and what I imagined to be true at the time I lived in the block apartment housing located in Oklahoma City at the address of 1211 N.W. 30th Street. The house is still standing and no, I have no intention of going into it now and disrupting the lives (possibly crack-house) and the events which are currently taking place within the confines of the structure. I will however, be discussing in vivid and lucid detail, the many antics and crazy things that happened to myself, my friend, my sister (who I will not include in the book), and to the other residents of the place. There are eight individual tiny 500 sq ft. flats inside the building, each with only one resident a piece with the exception of one. I won't go into detail about any of our lives, our occupations, or lack of occupations in some cases, nor will I discuss in blogs how often the authorities, not necessarily just the police, were called to the edifice. It was a few, and by a few I mean yeah, we weren't living all that quietly collectively. I won't discuss it in the blogs but you'll get the full monty on these and more subjects when the book is released. 

    To say the book will be a scream could very well give it away, and that's almost all I'm going to say about it. I will say that I will love every minute of every hour of every day that I'm creating that book because I will be bent over my desk laughing so hard at the antics and the goings on which actually took place (or did it?) that I won't be able to keep my coffee from spewing through my nose! It won't need to be a goal of mine to keep the audience pumped, the very start of the book will keep my readers bursting at their seems begging me to stop...they won't be able to take it. Imagine if you will, living it. I did. It will be one big fat "Welcome to my world" from me to any and all who care to strap themselves into the front seat with me as we go on the ride of a lifetime, cussing and cruising our way through some of the dumbest things young people can ever think to do just because they're out from under their parents' roofs, they have jobs, and can afford to be stupid.

    In some ways, I'm too excited about the Highland book and the Murder Book to blow through them, and then there's the knowing that as soon as the last drop of ink in my keyboard (there's really no ink here) hits the paper (screen) I'm outta here and we're going on that trip baby! We are on our way to 1981....in all its daftness and idiotic glory; Hollywood Nights and Oklahoma City mornings...will it be Marlboro Lights or beef jerky and instant coffee grounds that get us through the first road trip? You'll have to see. You'll have to wait. You and me both...damn it. 

You and me both. I hope the statutes of limitations have run out on all the crap I'm going to share; it would really suck to be arrested now for things I did when I wasn't clearly thinking.


Photo Credit: Flickr.com

No comments: