Saturday, January 21, 2023

Chapters 12 and 13 are WRITTEN!!!

 I think if I had to guess and put a number on it, that the average chapter is 2700-3000 words, which when you consider that a typical novel of the average size has about 280 words per page, then I have written about 13 x 2850 words, or 37050 words, or about 1/3 of the book.  If there are 280 words per page then at 37050 divided by 280 I have now, 132 pages written. WOOT!  I started writing this book last week about a week ago I think. I'll have to go back and see what day I finished Chapter 1. I was going to write one chapter a day, but for the past two days, I've written two chapters each day. This may or may not continue, but I'm really glad it has thus far because it means I can have the book finished sooner and in the hands of the publisher sooner. I've decided to go with Xlibris, a publisher I used way back in the day and have published three books in the past with. I wasn't really all that keen on them after the way they handled the last book I worked on with them, but time has changed their ways as well as mine. I believe this is a good thing. I have another five or six books that I'm planning on writing over the next 12 months. Whew!

    Chapters 12 and 13 deal with the death of James Fraser MacFarlane as well as the coming of age of Ewan, as he has to face some brutal treatment shown to him by his own kin and neighbors. He will survive this and other issues throughout the book, no worries there, but the real hero, or unknown hero, of Chapter 13 is none other than our own Antoin Broonford, who, though I can't say too much in terms of what he does to bring his character to the forefront of being a bit mischievous and quite handy, he will shine through the pages with bright and glorious colors. He will be loved for generations for his thoughtfulness and for his quick actions. 

    I'll leave it at that, it will be a shorter blog than most. I just wanted to let you know that the 13th and 12th chapters are finished. I'll be going over the entire book once I have it written so that I can pluck out what I hate, add to what I think needs t be added and blend things together so that they make more sense. Today when I was writing I realized that I had need to return to the book to correct a timeline problem. This is why God made editors. I'll need one for sure. Have a blessed weekend.

More to come for sure.


Photo Credit: reddit.com

No comments: