Friday, January 27, 2023

Chapter 21 - - Done.

 I know I don't have to write or report (blog) every day on the progress of the book but I thought I would since I have been doing so; it only makes sense. I'm done now with Chapter 21, but then again, even as I was finishing it I knew I would need to go back and flesh it out a bit. There is a scene that takes place at the theatre off Carruber's Close and where it will be overtly dramatic and even mind-blowing, I haven't really demonstrated that yet. I sort of allude to it. I need to bring the colors out, I need to show the actors who have been displayed completely nude except for the strategically placed darker paints which each body has been covered from head to toe. It's not as if the Scottish people, and especially those in the Highlands are new to being exposed and painted, but this is a play!! WHAT? Whoa!!  (she went there)

    This chapter is a fun chapter and was only written to showcase my appreciation to Michael Givens and his wife Jedelle for being such wonderful people. I do mention Alan Williams in it as well, he'll be the subdued and composed composer and master conductor for the orchestra that travels throughout Europe with Givens and the play he's written and is now directing.  It's a really good play actually, and maybe I'll get around to writing it. Who knows!?

    Well, anyway, it's what I did today as well as balancing two very different and very interesting job opportunities which seemingly fell into my lap overnight. I'm now working with a great company to help merchants eliminate their credit card processing debt and at the same time, I am helping other types of clients for an insurance company to arrange and manage their retirement funds and wealth portfolios.  I devote a few hours a day to each and I have time to write, read, journal, pray, hang out, and walk the dog.  All of these things I did today in my jammies. I think I did change into regular clothes for a few minutes while I ran an errand and went to the grocery store, but once back home it was jammie time.

    I had a great time researching the theatre, enlightenment, audience responses to new things being displayed in traditional venues, and the history of the Jacobites and those who opposed them.  This was a learning day.


Photo Credit: Designindaba.com


No comments: