Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Green Power: The Breakfast for Champions

 I get on "kicks" and this one is a good one. It's a type of thing that you do for a while, see if there are any good results and if so you keep it up, but if not you break away. It's a good thing so far. I'm substituting a meal or two every day with a juice. When I say "juice" I literally mean I put fruits and veggies (rarely any water) into the juicer and I let it spin.  Today, I powered up the juicer with a very tart combination of a Granny Smith green apple, a very green lime, and a bunch of fresh spinach. I also add the extras, as I will every day.  I do the protein powders and the other dry extras with the Nutribullet, so what I'll do this afternoon is have a liquid lunch, but it won't be a juice. It will be a milk protein powder drink with those extras.

    Today's bathroom trip (Not too graphic, I promise) was a good "go" and though I did look, and looked really intensely, I didn't see any pinworms, worms, or anything resembling a worm or parasite. I know that parasites can be tiny and some I won't be able to see with my naked eye (why are they naked, is it just because they don't wear tiny kilts?) but I didn't see anything whatsoever which leads me to believe that perhaps I was cleaner than I thought I was. This is both good and bad news because I wanted to have something to blame. (Giggle)  Looks like I'm pretty healthy, just round and fluffy, so that has to stop.

    The Green Power drink, as it is called in one of the recipes I found online, is a very strong drink indeed.  If you think about it, a small lime is rather dense, and it's full of juice, so imagine juicing it, and taking in about 60% of the peel as well when you run it to the supersonically spinning blades. Zoom! It's gone! The silt left over is a sort of damp powder at that point. You can pick it up, and you can run your fingers through it. It's really rather soft and aromatic. In fact, my daughter was in the other room and she commented about being able to smell the lime. It's strong.  The Granny Smith apple is a green powerhouse all on its own as well. Full of juice, and not as frothy as other apples. I like that. The spinach is just that...good, hearty, dense, kickass fiber. It doesn't juice as well, because there isn't much water in spinach, but it did produce some goodness and I did run about 1/8 cup of water through to get as much as I could.

    Adding the extras, stirring, and then drinking it down was not hard to do. It was in fact both energizing and welcomed. I'm trying to go as long as I can without eating in the morning; sort of an intermittent fasting ritual. I'm doing pretty good really, and I like that fact. It's OK to mulipurposely multitask when you're both dieting and just living well. I don't like using words like "diet" as it may have a negative connotation. I live well. I work well. I try to play well, and I know I sleep well.

    Last night I dreamed I was mending a wire fence in my pasture. I looked around and saw a couple of horses, but the one that was "mine" in the dream was a paint horse. He was a gelding, tall, strong, sturdy, maybe 16 hands, and roughly 1300 pounds. He was obviously a taller Quarter Horse and he was just enjoying life as horses do. He wasn't aggressive, he wasn't passive, he was just there eating grass and walking about. The fence didn't need too many patches, and I was finished with my work in good time.  I looked it up and I was happy to find out that the dream indicates that I am well on my way to being satisfied and doing what I want to do. The horse represents my spirit, my inner self and I am content. I really am. I have been going through something, but I'm OK with knowing that I'm not doing this on my own. I have God and that's enough. It's always enough.

    The Green Power juice is something that will lift your emotions as well as your sense of self. You can't smell it, see it, taste it, or even imagine it without seeing that it was fully created by someone other than yourself. You have to give the credit where the credit is due.  Thank you, Jesus!

Photo Credit: Me

No comments: