Monday, January 30, 2023

Chapters 25 and 26 - - OMG...Done.

 When I write the books I use the Georgia font and the size is 12. Then, when I canonize the book and make changes I use double spacing and enlarge the font size to 14. I do this to make it really easy on myself when I'm going through the book's pages to find the needed changes, mistakes, corrections, faux-paux, oops, and you know, the parts I don't like. I also do it so I'll have room to write notes in between the lines. I actually pull out the ballpoint pen for this. In fact, when I'm actually creating the book I use paper and pen throughout the entire process. I'm constantly writing notes and crossing through the notes as I use them in the book. If I don't use one or more of the notes I write out, I just leave it or circle it to remind me to reconsider. If I don't ever use the note I transfer that note to the next book's notebook (each book has its own notebook of notes) and I start over again....easy peasy.

    So today, I wrote the 25th and the 26th chapters of the book. I can look ahead and see that there will be three more to go. I have the next filler chapter which is #27, in it I will give up time, seasons, and such, as the two main characters spend time embracing and consoling one another. There will be no need to detail all the conversations, but I will allude to the responses of what took place in the two previous chapters as there are some life-changing events that can't be simply swept under the rug. They must be clarified so the readers don't think me heartless. NEXT....lol.

    Empathy and sympathy are not my strong points. I have a condition that many of you are aware of. I suffer from being "on the spectrum" which if you think about it, we are all on it which is why it's called a spectrum. I'm a bit, not much, but a bit incapable at times to show what some would deem as being an appropriate response to life events such as death, sickness, loss of life for friends, and such. I see death in a much different way than most do. I actually accept it faster and more fully when it happens to someone I know because I generally know that the person is now without pain, and he or she is in the arms of a loving Savior, and he or she will be at rest until He returns.  This being said, I had to stop myself from cutting the chapter too short after killing off one of the characters. I needed to remember, and I did, that other characters will grieve and need that time to be seen doing so (by the reader).  It's a very key part of writing, and the one I struggle with the most.

    As I now can clearly see the light at the end of the tunnel, as they say, and I know the book is coming to its natural end, I am actually welling up inside a bit. I don't want the two lovers to stop loving of course, and I want the families of the dwellers in the villages to recover from the devastation of the war. I want the houses to be rebuilt, and I want the animals to reproduce. I'm over here thinking "OK, what can I do to make this book close out with a good ending, one that will satisfy each reader?"  I know the way it ends and I love it, personally, I hope everyone else does.  I can't give it away, but there is a scene at the end where a certain singer and songwriter is rescued by an apparition....think ghosties and imagined friends.  We all know they don't really exist, but when someone really does believe that they exist the appearance of what seems to be one can be quite compelling!

    I have three more chapters to go. I don't think there will be four, but if there is I'll be sure and let you know.  Until then, think good thoughts for the seafaring minstrel who would rather not be out to sea!!  (Spoiler alert:  He survives)


Photo Credit:  Pinterest.com

No comments: