Tuesday, January 31, 2023

ONE MORE to GO!!!

 I have successfully finished the first writing of the next to the last chapter in the book. I have ONE more chapter to write tomorrow, maybe two, I could be persuaded to do two. I know me, I'll get in there and think I should say this, or I should say that. I will work on these issues I have, but I know it won't change. I'm a clinger. I don't want my characters to stop talking to me once they take flight. They're just always with me, and they become my friends. We have shared so many bags of four-cheese popcorn in the creation of this book. I feel as if I should invite these people to my next Thanksgiving gathering since we're more like family than my own family - - but you know, they're 18th Century Highlanders who have never really been into American traditions. It may be that I have to settle with just giving them another chance to thrive in another book down the road. 

    One more chapter. Dang. There will be no more killing. No more dying. No more wars, and of course, there will be more lovemaking. I have one last sex scene to write, and though it won't be as exciting or boisterous as the previous sessions, it will be tender, loving, and meaningful. I'm sure the two people doing all the groping will be excited to see that they are given yet another chance to twist in the sheets, but unlike the strange and unco practice of witnessing a marriage confirmation, they will have no idea that millions of eyes will be reading about every single detail of their personal exchanges. They'll still be able to hold their heads up high in their fictional society, as there will be no mention of their bedroom antics in their fictional neighborhood, townships, or larger cities. Their nuptials will be announced in the papers of course, as will the birth of their first child. Theirs will be a very cozy and comfortable life together, and no two kids deserve it more than Aria and Ewan Hastings. Believe me when I say that.

    Wow.  Just one month ago I started the book. Let me get the exact date, hold on, oh wow again, it was just January 12!  This is the 31st and I'll finish the book entirely tomorrow, so yeah, 20 days for the first writing. I'll take another 3 days probably to tweak, fluff, stuff, and canonize it. I'll then submit it for the first editing and BAM! We'll have a ready-made full of life exciting novel to pass out or sell in about 90 days.  Woot!!  I'm happy. Are you happy?  I paid for the production of it today and will be sending off the instructions and ideas for the cover art tomorrow and/or Thursday. Things should be pretty hot and heated for the first few weeks as I make corrections, and additions, take things out and agree to the formatting, the font, the sizes I want for the finished product, as well as the online agreements with Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other e-readers. Again...YEA and WOOT!  

    If you haven't written a book I encourage you to do it. I don't know that I would encourage you to put it all together in a month, but hey, I'm getting to the point where I think I can do this on a regular basis. I have stories whirling and swirling in my brain. I need to do a brain dump and get them on the shelves to be purchased and loved. I prefer reading my books now on the Kindle, and since they're generally much less expensive, I'll never go back to the hardcovers or the paperbacks again. NOPE....that's just me. You may still like holding the physical book. I don't. They take up space and I don't read them more than once or twice ever. 

    Have a GREAT one, and I'll catch you up once I finish the book tomorrow and start the finalizing of it.  Have I said "Woot" yet?  Woot!


Photo Credit: wikigallery.com  (Portrait of a Young Girl Holding Flowers)

No comments: