Sunday, January 29, 2023

Chapter 24 is Wonderful.

 As you know, or should know by now, I'm writing a book that takes place in the 1740s in the area just shy of the Western Highlands and also in and around the Lowlands of Mid Lothian. I probably won't make it over to Stirling in this book, but I am so excited about the book and the way it may be received, that I've decided to write another book that will include the Hebrides, Stirling, Perthshire, and Fife....and yeah, Edinburgh, because Edinburgh is the center of life you know. (again, maybe you didn't know, but you should know that by now.) 

    Chapter 24 found Ewan and Aria staring at each other separated by about 50 feet on top of the hill where they have spent so many hours together in years past in a sort of secret comradery that could have been absolutely misconstrued by a few; by a lot really. I was actually laughing at myself today as I went through the notes I had created for each chapter to find that I have eliminated this or that from the whole book and now that I have this or that in my notes I can now save those ideas, change the names of the characters, put them in different settings, and BAM! I have another book. My notes have notes people. My plans have always had plans. The only thing I really don't plan out when I write is/are these blogs. Truth. Everything else has to be picked apart and put together in a strange and mysterious fashion that is only known to me....and yeah, sometimes I don't even know what's going on. My top secretness is that secret...I'm not even privy to it sometimes.

    Chapter 24 is done. I'll start 25 tomorrow, and may only be able to do a chapter a day for the next week as I'm working some as well. Work.... just gets in the way you know. Why can't I already be a wealthy successful author? I have no idea. It's not fair, but it is what I'm dealing with, so I'll continue to trudge along. I've decided to try and write at least one chapter of something every single day, that way by the end of the year, allowing myself to have a few days off, I'll have about 350 chapters, which can be 10 books or close to it. I'm pretty sure I can come up with great ideas to make it happen. I have six in mind now, so over the next few months those six will be carved out of my head, and believe me, as I do the carving I'll drop a chunk here and there and pick those chunks up and say "Hey, I can rewrite this, change the names, the dates, the places...and BAM!" You guessed it...another book.

    Life is fun. Life is full. Life is amazing. Give God the Glory and pass the biscuits!


Photo Credit: Archanaskitchen.com

No comments: