Monday, January 9, 2023

It is All About the Poop! (No, Really, it is)

     Most doctors and nutritionists agree that a clean colon is the way to go. There are multiple ways to make this happen. I have never been a fan of anyone getting a colonoscopy if they didn't need to get one. In my seemingly sensible opinion, anyone who has a brain and knows how to read should be able to research online the symptoms of a bad bowel system, and perhaps various remedies to fix said system. It makes good sense to me to get the gut clean and keep it clean, then the nasties won't find a home there, and they won't creep and crawl around to the point of busting open linings, causing bloating, infections, and more. If you do your research, you may not be healed, no one is saying that but you could very well postpone or eliminate reasons for going to the doctor for a colonoscopy; again, if it is necessary then by all means do it. Just know you have options.

    A clean colon is a good place to start today. How does a colon get messy? We eat. We eat and we eat, and we don't drink enough water to flush out all of the crud that over time, builds up and causes the walls of our intestines to become caked or lined with gunk. Think about your kitchen or bathroom sink. You have to pour chemicals down it from time to time to scrape all the build-up from causing the sink pipe itself from clogging. When you do use a thingamabob to pull out all the stuff that you've been pouring down the drain, you'll find things you never knew were there! How did so much of your hair get into the kitchen sink? That makes no sense! The same is true with your colon. Yes, we eat our own hair from time to time when we breathe! We eat (and this is nasty) other people's hair if it's flying around aimlessly in the air! We probably swallow a few things we could do without. Enter the colon cleanse.

    This time, because there have been so many other times, I have decided to use a product you/I can buy over the counter. It's a Swanson brand, but you can get it with other names attached to it. I just use Swanson's because I trust them. The brand on the bottle is NOW and sent to me by Swanson's. I ordered my cleanse in the form of a liquid droplet-style bottle of "Green Black Walnut and Wormwood Complex with Clove". You can Google that, I'll leave a link. https://www.swansonvitamins.com/p/now-foods-fresh-green-black-walnut-wormwood-complex-2-fl-oz-liquid

    The reviews given were way over 5000 users and with a collectively favorable result over that of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars, I decided to give it a go. It was cheap enough, just under $12, and Amazon delivers it to my doorstep; or in this case to the apartment complex office since it wouldn't fit in my mailbox. They put it in a rather large box for what it is. On the side of the box there is a warning about it being rather strong but the word "corrosive" wasn't attached to the warning, so we're good. The taste will make you appreciate straight whiskey, not gonna lie. You're supposed to take 1/2 of a droplet up to two full droplets two times a day, but you should start out slow and build that up to a tolerable level. ANDDDDDD, you're supposed to add the drops to a drinkable liquid such as water or juice - - I didn't do that, hence the appreciation I have for the straight whiskey. It burns and because of the clove, it also numbs.

    Suffice it to say, that later this evening, and of course, throughout the rest of the experiment, I will be more sensible and do what I'm supposed to do. I have an issue with being a bit hasty at times. I read instructions of course, but usually, after I've already taken a dose....it's a thang. I need to not do that.  So, the dose has been taken and I am in waiting mode. According to the reviews, it could take up to three full days to take effect, but some of the reviews are hopeful, and they say they saw immediate effects, or at least within the first day.  What am I looking for? Pinworms! I am looking for tiny and not-so-tiny bugs in my poop! I was flat amazed as a young woman, when I was having my first baby, to learn all about the worms and parasites we humans keep inside our guts. It's flat scary!  The nurse gave me an enema that cleaned me from top to tail within minutes and let me tell you, I was no longer innocent at that point. I was fully aware of how disgusting I could be.

    That moment of awareness was in 1986, and I have been very careful since that time to do as many body cleanses as possible. First, I was told by my doctors that two or three times a year it would be a good idea to do an enema-type cleanse. That works for a while and then I learned about things you can take or drink and have the same type of effect. I have to be honest, I have never really seen (again) the same thing(s) I saw the day I gave birth to my baby boy; I say that with a smiling face. I really never want to see what I saw again. Who the heck knew this was real? (doctors and nurses knew) I have researched it to the hilt and know that worms working in our intestines can cause us to both gain and keep weight. They can cause us to lose weight. They can cause us to think differently, be depressed, have anxiety, and worse, they can crawl up into places and fester, leaving holes in our bodies! Yes, that's disastrously disgusting and frightening...why do you think I'm telling you? 

    If people would merely Google (or Bing) their way into finding out more about the worms and parasites they potentially keep riding around in their bodies not paying a bit of rent, but taking up space that could be used for good, they would fight the good fight, and do what they can and should do. They too would take supplements, give up sugary foods and drinks, and they'd drink or take pro and prebiotics to stabilize their gut. Hormones are a big issue with parasites too, you can research that. Women in their older years can find themselves feeling sluggish, fat, bloated, upset, not feeling well, just sort of blah, and then oftentimes their doctors or nutritionist will mention doing a cleanse to rid them of any parasites. It's just a fact, and where it's not fun, the alternative is so much worse. Go look at the images of things that have been taken out of people before or after they have died. It will scare you straight to the health food store!

    Here's my hope. I may be completely off my rocker with this one, but I'm going to see what I can do. I hope I can take this complex and take it as directed for two weeks, lay off a week, pick it back up a week, and by that time it will be the end of January, and I want to be 10 pounds lighter than I was on January 1. I didn't actually weigh myself, but I'll know. I'll gauge it by the bloating or non-bloating. I'll gauge it by the way my clothes fit, by the way, I move, by the way, I feel. If it works I'll know, and yes, I'll be able to SEE with my own eyes soon, what comes out and if there's nothing there well then, so be it, but I can almost guarantee that there will be. It stands to reason that there will, so since I like to reason, we'll see if I'm right.

    I already take psyllium husk every day, and therefore I have a really good poop every morning. This will be an additive. This will be a better thing. This will be a way to know without a doubt that I'm on the better track. Who knows, maybe I'll end up weighing what I did when I was first pregnant in 1986...that would be 130 pounds. That would shock the hell out of me, but let me just say I would welcome it. If it meant I could get rid of these boobs and trade them in for a 12-year-old boy's chest I would do it as long as I got the ripped abdomen to go along with it. Someone else can lug these jugs around. I'm done. Is there a supplement for that? Tell me...I want it.

    Poop well, friends. Drink more water, get more exercise, eat well, sleep well, and by all means don't forget to pray. Prayer is the answer to it all. Who do you think made the black walnut, wormwood, and clove? That's right, I know I didn't! We give glory and praise to the One who did. No matter what the result, it is good. He is always good. Be blessed and go....go...go...and go.


Photo Credit: Swansonsvitamins.com


No comments: