Monday, January 16, 2023

Chapter Five is Written!!

 Done, finished, in the can, written...after a while I'm going to run out of things to say each time I finish a different chapter. I bet I can find something to say. Few are the times in my life when I was in fact truly wordless.  I know you don't find that stat to be surprising.

    So now, Chapter Five has hit the keys and it is done. I have wrapped it into a really nice package, set it with a bow, and it is now ready to join the other four chapters which have been sitting around on the computer and saved to a flash drive. I think all in all, I have written about 40 actual pages of the 300-page book. This only being the 5th chapter, and 1/7 of the book, I may have to rethink the fluffing and stuffing and do more actual writing as I go along. At this rate, I'll have more than 500 pages in the book and I don't feel that the book should carry that -- I wouldn't want to carry it, I have a Kindle for that. When I first saw the "Clan of the Cave Bear" I wanted to shoot myself since I both wanted to read but felt that lugging it around would be impossible. I think that was the year I bought a bigger purse if I'm not mistaken.

    Chapter Five finds Aria with her newfound "sister" and best friend of all ages, the lovely and stately Bridget Buchanan. Bridget is the older of a set of twins, aged 16 to Aria's 13. Bridget is to be wed in the coming spring to her lover and best friend Logan Kennedy. Back in the 1700s you could call a man your lover without tongues wagging, as everyone knew there was no lovemaking going on...or was there? Either way, you'll have to read the book to find out more about the two new Kennedys as they set off from Argyll to live in Glasgow, leaving Aria in a situation most uncomfortable in that she will soon be betrothed to a brutal man in the person of James Fraser MacFarlane.  We only meet the unkind soul in the current chapter. His is to be a short but biting relationship with our heroine.  Quickly...grab the edge of your seat now so that you'll be prepped and ready to hate the villain, and love the beautiful sisters who give unfettered devotion to Aria and their kin.

    As in all of the chapters, Chapter Five has a bit of history shoved into the ink. I discuss the Glasglow Cathedral, a 12th Century monument devoted to worship. We learn about the battle of Pinkie Cleuth, or as it was called when it happened, "Pynkie Cleuth". I like the latter spelling better I think.  We learn and discover the beliefs that many Scottish people carried then and today about the underworld lives and supernatural lives of the fae, faun, or fairy.  Good creatures? Are they? We can agree to disagree on either side of the argument.  With Chapter Five finished, I am forced to write on and pursue the ugliest chapter of them all, the one in which James and Aria unite through matrimony, but never in love. Cruelty found and served up cold enough to freeze the burning sun itself. Hers will be a fate only spared in the next chapter by gallantry known amongst men, but delivered by a lad.


Photo Credit: CelticJackAlope.com







No comments: