Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year! New Goals!! Confetti Pretzels!!

 Whoo Hoo!  Right now, as I type this, I am in the middle of cleaning my apartment. I have decided that with the new year, the new challenges, and new beginnings, one of those beginnings and challenges will be to keep a nearly spotless place. It will be more than just a challenge considering I am not the only one living in this space. I still have that red-headed woman who doesn't seem to be able to strike out on her own, nor does she seem to want to allow me to do the same.  It will happen. I will be free from her I promise...until then, the kitchen will feel my wrath on a daily basis! I may as well throw in the dining room since they're connected. Whip up on that, why don't cha!

    The purpose of beginnings is to give us all a head start on the way we want to live our lives. Cleaning is just part of that. I think, and I believe that if I were to keep up with it in a better and more disciplined manner, I would in fact achieve my goal(s) without much effort. It's more of a matter of tracking, and not allowing something to become overwhelming to the point that it doesn't really matter. I get that way with Laura sometimes. I'll clean, she'll mess, I'll clean, she'll mess, and finally, I just let it go. After it reaches a point I just can't take it anymore, she tends to mosey over and push me out of the way as she doesn't like to clean with others. She's a lone scrubber! Fine, be a solitudest, but do it please! If I had a few realistic 2023 goals, the first would be to keep a cleaner apartment, and to get my own place...daughter free. How dull. I know.

    Last night I had a dream or two, and though my subconscious knew that the year was ending and a new one had just started, I don't believe the dream I had about confetti pretzels was actually a dream about starting the new year. Nope. I think it was starting a new something, but not the year. When I looked it up, and I always look it up, the confetti part was pretty self-explanatory. Confetti has and will always represent parties, fun, celebration, victory, and newness. I get that.  The icing-dipped pretzels however tell another story. The fact that the food was a savory and sweet snack, one that is purposely twisted, baked, and salted, has a lot to do with what is going on in my life at the moment. I was shocked to find out what it means to dream about pretzels! Go look it up for yourself, or just follow the link I'll provide.

    Dreaming of twisted pretzels is tantamount to dreaming about finding the power within yourself to stop, listen, learn, and relax. You can now "unwind" because whatever it was that you were fighting or working toward, has been fulfilled as far as you're concerned. You only have to relax and wait. It will happen.  That, and the added bonus and pleasure(s) of being dipped in sweetness, can only relate to the fact that not only will the hard times end, and the good times roll, but that those good times will be wrought with blessings, pleasures, meaningful goodness, and genuine happiness.  Then, yes, to be sprinkled with confetti sprinkles? C'mon! I'm about to have the best year ever both professionally and financially. Those are the two areas I have been struggling with over the past several months. I am just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks!!

    In Scotland, the party is called "Hogmanay".  It literally means "The last of the year" and because the Kirk (Church) had forbidden and outlawed the celebrating of Christmas for about 400 years (can you believe that), the people of Scotland were more than excited to ring in each New Year with what seemed like craziness and endless joyful jollification!! Love it when I can use those words together!  Hogmanay was a time and is a time, of both happiness for the new starts and relief of giving up the old. They literally open up their doors in Scotland at the stroke of midnight to let out the old and to let in the new. I like that. I did that last night. The dog was a bit confused, but she did walk out onto the patio and sniff the new 2023 air for the first time. 

    Goals, resolutions, wants, needs, desires, and passions. What do we all want for the new year? Well, we probably all want pretty much the same things if you think about it. We want good health, we want safety, we want peace, we want to get along with people. What do I do, what can you do, to make these marks? Well, I know for me, the health issue has been lacking lately, so I'll be picking that one back up again. I don't go to the gym, but work out at home, and I walk. I just bought a 20-pound bar to lift and a shoulder stretchy thingy-ma-gig that will supposedly get rid of the back flab and strengthen the muscles back there. I'm hoping!! Here's to hoping. I have two weighted balls, one is an 8-pounder and the other a 12-pounder. I watch videos and lift those. I can keep that up, and I can return to walking. If I don't go to the gym I can go to the mall and walk it. There's nothing like getting your steps in. I can lower the carbs, cut out the sugars, do the right probiotics...you know, the same things I've done but pay more attention to it, and maybe even track it for a minute to get myself back on track.  Holidays...we love them, but they really wreck our conduct!! (that cheesecake was worth it, not gonna lie)

    My job situation is still up in the air, but that's just for now. I have done what I need to do. I have prayed, and I have made known what needs to be made known. I will either return or move forward. God and God alone is in control of that. I have what I need and He always provides. The pretzel in me has seen that the salt has kept me preserved. I am able to know and have complete confidence that I was not at fault, but that I was wronged. God will forgive, and I will forgive. In no time I'll be reporting my celebration, my confetti...my dipped-in-icing moment.  Let God be praised and blessed for the food, the fun, and the comfort of both knowing that this new year is His and this new me is also His. Why would I try to manage what I know I have no power over? 

    Be loved. Be blessed. Love and bless others.  Happy 2023!!  Breathe!

https://www.dreambible.com/search.php?q=Pretzel

Photo Credit: Recipesquickneasy.com

No comments: