Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Hooked Up and Ready!

 I took off work at 2:00 p.m. today so I could meet with the internet installer between 3-5 p.m.  You know how they are, right? They show up after 5:00 p.m. and sometimes they don't show at all - - they reschedule by text!  Well, at 3:07 p.m. the man was knocking on the front door of my new house! Wow!

    Cox Cable of OKC has been really good about showing up, doing their job, doing their job well, and the only complaints I ever have about them is when storms knock out our service, but that's not something they can control. Every time we have had an outage issue they are on the move making something happen pretty fast! I've really appreciated that.

    So, the installer came by, and he was confused because we had asked for an additional line with a modem to be installed on my side of the house. He wanted to know why we needed or wanted two modems and not just one with one or the other of us using WiFi. Our jobs don't allow it. Both of us need to be hardwired into a modem -- it's worth it. Our company (Laura and I work for the same one) actually gives us a fairly decent stipend which lowers our internet bill in the first place. 

    After the installer got started, I was able to switch the electricity into my name, order a U-Haul truck for the move, and ordered my washer and dryer to be delivered this weekend too.  This weekend will prove to be a very busy weekend. I'm actually off work at noon on Friday, and that's a great thing. I'll make my first 16 trips to the new house before Laura gets off work at 5!  I can't wait to see it all taking shape.

    We went over to the house this evening, and we prayed over the house, the yard, and the neighbors as well. We don't want any spirit around us that doesn't commune with Jesus. If there was any reason to think that the house was not a good place or that it was a conduit for evil - - no one thinks that now. Some of our neighbors were trying to warn us about the house  -- saying it was a hub for evil. Please! Jesus is Jesus! There is nothing that can come against Him, and He is with us!

    I can clearly and openly say now, that as for me, and MY HOUSE, we serve the Living God.  Friday morning can't come fast enough!  I'll work until noon, then start the process - - one, two, three, four --- I have no idea how many actual trips I can get into before my daughter joins me, but I plan on doing as much as I can so I can relax around 7:00 p.m. and get an early night's sleep to start on the Saturday all-day hustle!

    We have a U-Haul for Sunday, and that'll be the day my son Jonathan helps me. He actually lives on my new side of the complex; he can come over for tea!  He'll move all the heavy stuff and we can get it all in the truck with one pass I imagine. It was about $65.00 for the truck for four hours.  Believe it or not, the move is nowhere near as expensive as it could be. Not one utility charged me a deposit. I think I have maybe one or two install fees, but they were under $30.

    The washer and dryer show up Saturday around noon, and they'll be delivered and installed for $350!  The man goes to wholesale auctions and picks up new or refurbished units, goes through them to be sure they're working well, and he sells the set for $350 delivered. He even sets them up, runs a load to make sure it's working, and gives you a 60-day no-questions guarantee!  That's a good deal.  Love it.

    It's all coming together!! I love that. I will need to buy a second end table to match the one I have now, but other than that, my new chair and sofa....I'm ready to go. The couch and chair arrive around the 24th.  We don't spend much time in the livingroom anyway - - we're good.  I don't know what it's going to be like to not see Laura much. She's on the other side of the house - - wow...I'll have to text her now and again to be sure she's OK!


Photo Credit: Mathis Home


No comments: