Thursday, February 29, 2024

Pouf!

No doubt the world will look at me and say, "She had her act together!" They will say this because I am going to do what I should have done 20+ years ago. I'm going to buy 3 unstuffed pouf covers and stuff them full of my t-shirts and sweatshirts so that when I move, I can just pick up my poufs and go. I can have my old clothes at my fingertips in case I want them. I can throw the pouf at my dog and not fear that I hurt her. Don't email me, I won't throw anything at my precious mutt...she would laugh, but I still won't do it.

    A pouf is a crazy little piece of "furniture," technically, but it's really just a square or round covering for a pillow or pillow-like stuffing. You use it to prop your feet up mainly, and you tend to have a Boho sort of feel to your place when people see it in your apartment or living space. Believe me, when I say that some poufs are so expensive, it makes me laugh - - then cry. Most of the covers are only a few dollars; you'll pay a premium for better-made materials such as leather or handwoven cloth. 

    I am going to buy 3 of these unstuffed covers and then stuff them myself with my old t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies. One of them will be used for stuffing my bed linen; I'll just rotate it out every week when I change the linen. I'll pull one out of the pouf, dress the bed, wash the others, and stuff them into the pouf for their rotation. I can't think of a better way to store old clothes and bed linen.  Heck darn, and shoot, I may get a couple more and put my couch pillows into them because I rotate those out as well and never know where to put the seasonal pillows!!

    I can't tell you how very happy this makes me. I'm doing the dance right now, and it's a little difficult because I'm also trying to type.  Who knew that a simple design could make my day? I'm thrilled.  I remember seeing these types of ottomons when I was a kid, you know, back in the Flower Power days. They're a bit hippie-ish in some ways. Depending on the materials they are made from, they could be very hippie-ish. I tend to like the earthy tones and the handwoven materials. There are colorful ones too; some are made from reeds, leather, etc., but I like the clothes poufs with zippers.

    There will be a day when I have to move from this place to my new place, and when I do, I'll have something like four or five different poufs, all stuffed with clothes, linens, even soft jackets, and I can just store them in the closet, leaving room for more...you know, stuff. Americans have too much stuff!! This should have been my rant, to begin with, but now I'm just happy I have a place to store my stuff. If I never see those particular garments again, I can at least rest knowing they were useful in another way. 


Photo Credit: Amazon

No comments: