Monday, February 12, 2024

1211 (Last Efforts) I'll Publish 2/18/24

 February 18, 1894, is my grandmother's birthday. She will celebrate her 120th birthday in Heaven, and I'll have the book published on that day so that I can remember when it was published. She lived just about a mile or so from the location, so that's fitting.

    Today, I am reading the book "1211" through from top to bottom. I'm trying to find mistakes, and I'm looking for ways to edit it so that I can eliminate any mistakes and/or errors. I have taken a view of being good but not perfect after I have spent time reading several of Erle Stanley Gardner's books. He wrote all the Perry Mason books. His books are full of errors! I laugh when I see them, thinking this guy had editors!!

    Well, I am my own editor. What I did in the past was to go through the book twice and send it up. Then, I'd order a book and go through it in book form, find more mistakes, go back to the file, correct it, and send it back up. The problem with that was, that Ingram Spark sold books that were not corrected before I could get them 100% sound. It's my fault. I'm not blaming them. I did ask them not to, but they are a business, and I am just an author - - one book out of thousands to think about at any given time.

    So, I'm reading it today, and I'm reading it tomorrow and will make as many corrections and changes as I can. Then, I'll set the book down for a few days and read it Friday and Saturday of this week to find even more mistakes, but then I'll send it up on Feb. 18 to be published so that I can remember when I did and so that it will be a gift to my granny who I know would never read my books. LOL. She didn't have much time for nonsense.

    Some day I'll write a book and tell the world exactly how I feel about my life, my family, my friends, and my animals. It may shock a few, but it may not. Let's just say I don't feel cheated, but I wouldn't have picked the slot in life I was given. That being said, I would have to have been born in or near Bethany, Oklahoma so I could still be Jeannie's best friend. That would never change. I'd have to have my three kids too, but yeah, no, I would not have picked the girl's father. Those kids may end up looking differently I suppose, but it is what it is.

    As far as animals? Well, I'm smarter now, I would not have wasted so much time and money on as many horses as I did. I would have been a lot smarter about money if I had the chance to do it all again - - wouldn't we all? I'd have kept Faithy that's for sure; and Rover, Doni, Chrissy, Matrix, George, Ginger...and yeah you know, all the dogs, and all the cats I've ever kissed.  If I had to pick one horse to keep it would be Norman, and then Hero. I'd keep two...OK, I get two. 

    "1211" will be up and for sale in about a week or so, please feel free to buy it, tell the world about it, and then you can buy the others too, since "1211" is the third in the Nick Posh thriller series. You need to read them all.

Photo Credit: Me. (This is me with Chrissy in 1983...look, I was pretty!!) Christmas, or Chrissy, was 16 when she passed. I got her on Christmas afternoon 1977. She was a neighbor's puppy and wandered up on my doorstep (of course). She is part Chow and German Shepherd. She had TINY feet, and a purple tongue.

No comments: