Thursday, February 8, 2024

1211 (70% done) Last Umph!

 So, with 61,000 words in the can, I have about 70-71% of "1211" finished, and I'll do the rest over the next two or three days. This is Thursday, and I wrote three chapters. That put me over the 70% mark, and I decided to outline the last 8 chapters so I know exactly what my goals are. 

    I have about 150 notes which I'll go through to be sure I added them in the book. If I have not added them, I will try to. If I can not add them anywhere I'll save them for the next book. I'll go back over the notes from the last two books to see if I need to add any of those notes to this book. That will be fun. After all the notes have been exhausted I should be at 86,000 to 90,000 words and since I have the book cover completed for a 390-page book, I'll be sure to make the font a 12-pt Georgia font, and the spacing 1.25 or 1.3 so there is enough space but not too much space, and the book should turn out to be perfectly sized.

    This one, as are all the books now, is a 5x8 book, paperback and with cream paper. I did have white paper on some I think. I may go back into their metrics and change that for future publishing. I think I like the cream paper better. It's a preference and I think I do like it better. I don't know why. It really shouldn't be a thing, but it's sort of a thing now in my head.

    Soon, and very soon, I will have all the books on Epub and they'll be listed on Amazon as Ebooks. That will lower the price for everyone. I make about $1.45 a book now, and when I lower the price of the books from $18.00 (which I don't have control over) to $2.99 for Ebook, which I do have control over, I will earn $2.10 per book - - that's really a much better thing for me and for my readers. I don't and can't control what Amazon charges for books.

 When I upload them I must make a small profit, and I must list the books over the print-cost. The average book will cost the printer $6.48 to print and I have to earn $1.45 according to them. You'd think I could make the book $10.00 but no, they want their profit too. The lowest I can set my price is $17.00 and in some markets, it negates my profit if I do. (I don't get it, but it is what it is. I follow the rules.)

    So, "1211" is about to be finished. I will then go over it for obvious errors, adding, and fluffing. Then, I'll go over it again for mistakes, corrections, and more boo-boos. Then, I may wait a week, and go over it again, so my eyes will catch the mistakes. I tend to not see them all if I am too close to it. I usually run a test book and go through it, but I am trying to not do that because someone usually buys the book and there it is out there for the world to see with mistakes until I can pull it and make corrections. I think I may be able to ask them to run it, and print me a book to correct, but hold off on all sales until I give a final word, but if they charge for that I can't do it.

    Believe it or not, I'm not a successful author yet, just an author. I'm not writing to get rich; if anyone buys my books I get excited. I really do. I think it's cool to make something and have others like it - - but I write to write. So, when "1211" is done, and I've gone through it, and it's for sale, I'll post that as well. It will be on my other social media platforms too. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/judestringfellow (LinkedIn)

https://www.instagram.com/judestringfellowauthor/ (Instagram)  I have a Facebook, but it's really more for family and friends whom I've known. There's another Facebook out there actually, and I really should keep it up. I may do that. It's 

https://www.facebook.com/jude.stringfellow  I just have to figure out what my password is so I can get back onto it. LOL


I'll keep you posted!!

Photo Credit: Me.

No comments: