Sunday, February 11, 2024

Mentally Speaking.

 I am about to write a book (I will not reveal the title until it is produced) wherein I will discuss mentality, mental illness, mental awareness, and the invisible wounds, scars, and disabilities that rise up and hold people hostage from life. Whether it is because they don't or can't see their worth, or because others can't see or refuse to see their worth, the fact is some are in fact essentially invisible, ignored, overlooked, and even (sadly) dismissed.

    The book will reveal industries, entire industries that choose to ignore people; and even those people they have sworn oaths to assist and protect. The book will shed light, shine exposure, and peel back the corners to blatantly put the blame where it should be put; and in some cases, surprise the world with what I can show so boldly.

    Some have told me not to write the book. I've been told I'll be threatened if I do. I'm writing it as a fiction novel, there will be no real names, real corporations, or real attachments to what I suppose or suggest. I'm holding out a light and lifting it up so that you, the reader can see for yourself what is literally all around you. You're in your car, you're next to them. You're shopping at the store, you're next to them? Who? Who are you next to, you ask.  You're next to the invisible people, and you're next to those who purposely don't see them. My desire for my audience is that they LOOK.

    When you look, when you see, when you hear, when you listen, and when you understand, you'll be in a better position hopefully, to either lend a hand, say a prayer, or make small changes that can affect everyone. We're here at this time for a reason; not one of us knows how long we're allowed to remain here. There will be a judgment for all of us; not for punishment necessity, but for blessings poured upon us for having made the right choices to be there for someone else without expecting anything in return. We are to love, and this book is about that, about love. 

    I think it was Albert Einstein who said that if we "... judge fish by their abilities to climb a tree, it will believe its entire life that it is stupid." If you take me, a woman with a Ph.D. and the ability to write a 390-page book in under two weeks, and you put me in a room with an orchestra on the stage, you can't compare my worth or my experiences. I would be lost. I have no talents that could compare or be useful in that room. I am only as worthy as I see or know myself to be, and if I allowed myself to think I was worthless because I couldn't play an instrument, read music, or make extraordinary sounds, I would be depressed and anxious wondering why I was so damaged.

    We, all of us, are wonderful. We are all genuinely genuine, and creatively creative. We are bountiful with our own us-ness, we are unique and singular. This book, I pray, will allow someone (even if it's only one person) to know that you are not alone, you are not unseen, you are not worthless, you are not invisible. You are not less, you are not reduced or void. You have everything you need to be the one thing you were created to be, and that is YOU. I'm the only me that I could ever be, and that's a damn good thing - - there should not be two of me out there.

    Stay tuned. I'll keep you posted.


Photo Credit: L.A. Times.

No comments: