Monday, February 5, 2024

1211 ( Over 50% Done )

 I just wrote another 5200 words or more, putting me over the 50% spot of my book. I think there are 45,000 words now, and the book will be between 86,000 and 90,000 as it may be a thicker book. I'm not really sure. I want to try to keep them around the same size so they are about the same cost for me to order them. Right now my books cost me about $6.50 to have them printed, and $3.99 to mail to me, so for right at $10.50 or so I can enjoy my own book in book form. I don't want that to be higher than it needs to be.

    I've written Chapters 15 and 16 today. Neither of them was what I was expecting, but I like them both. Indirectly they explain one of the residents at the house, and in a very direct way the 16th chapter gives us an insight as to who was murdered, why he was murdered, where he is buried, and what we're gonna have to see take place concerning the murderer. Time is a funny thing.

    The next few chapters will deal with the relationship of the deceased and the person who ended his life. Next, we'll find a way to uncover and recover the body in such a way that it doesn't bring attention to the murderer as it may have been an accident or even self-defense so so so many years before. Is it really necessary to punish someone for something after such a long time when they've only been a model citizen since the event? (Well, yes, of course, but there are mitigating circumstances, to be sure.)

    I'm finding that the ideas in this book come out of nowhere for me. I have some of the memories locked away in my head and then there are made-up stories that tie in, twist in, tangle with, and simply take over. There are truths and half-truths, there are lies and outright fabrications of fantasy! It's wonderful and I am fully enjoying every last minute of it. I have no idea why I took a week or 10 days off, but I did, and now I'm back at it. I won't make any predictions as to when the book will be done. I'm already past the day I thought it would be, so we'll go with I don't know.

    After "1211" I'll write a novel that isn't a Nick Posh thriller. It won't be a romance either. It is a dramatic novel, and one I won't reveal the title of as it really is that big of a secret. It's the biggest secret. I have worked out a plot and storyline, but now I need to fill it in with the really cool stuff. There will be death and even murder, but the characters don't investigate or try to solve anything. It's information they use. I won't say more. I'll do a ton of research for the book, I know that.

    For now, "1211" is on the examination table and must be attended to before it ruptures. Too many fun stories ahead, and I need to figure out which ones to leave in, and which ones to leave out....but I really don't want to leave anything out - - that's the problem. I could have a sequel to it, but I doubt I will. I'll just do a flashback now and again  -- that'll work.  I'm back on track, so hopefully tomorrow I'll write two more chapters and we can pick up where we left off. (I say we...I mean me.)


Photo Credit: VintageHatShop.com 

No comments: