Saturday, February 10, 2024

1211 (DONE!!! Well, Sort of)

 So, this is it. The book "1211" is finished in that I have written it. I have completed the book.  Now, what I need to do is go through the manuscript tonight and check all the words and phrases that need to be in italics, and then I find all the underlined words to see if they really are misspelled or if it's supposed to be that way. I write words like thinkin' or gonna, and then when you do that the computer thinks you've made an error.

    I'll go over the red lines tonight, which are the potential errors. I'll go over the blue underlines, which are potential grammar errors. I'll do that tonight, and wait until tomorrow to go through it for more mistakes.  I will also, tomorrow, go through it and add about 70 or so "notes" or things I wanted to be sure and add. I have small phrases I want one or the other character to say, or an action they can do. I'll add that.

    The manuscript is at 82,800 words now, and by the time I am finished with it, it should have closer to 85,000 words. I'll have to see if I can stretch it to 390 pages so it fits the already-created book cover. I can go as low as 380 I think, but no lower than that without having to re-do it. If I do have something close to 380 I'll add a few blank pages at the back, or add something like a memorial. In fact, I was going to add a memorial to Toby Keith in this book. If I don't do it in this one, I will certainly do it in "Mesa". 

    This was a heck of a book to write, and I'm so glad I did it. It has a difficult finish, but one that actually (for the most part) took place. Some creative licensing was used as I was not part of the trial process. I only lived at the house when it took place and of course, I was younger, I heard rumors, but I didn't really research or investigate it at the time. I've lost all recollection of the actual names of the people who lived in the house; but then again, I wouldn't have used them anyway. 

    I will say this, we did have a Good Bill and a Bad Bill, but I have no idea what their last names were. Our real landlady's name was Wilma, and Mercedes' last name was not Kuhlman. I do know what it was, but I won't say. Arthur never existed, and neither did Celeste or Phyllis, but there were really cool people, including myself, who lived in the house. I lived in Apartment E, Celeste's apartment, and the same one Mercedes Kuhlman's boyfriend died in; in the book. 

    Done!! The book is DONE...I'll add to it tomorrow, then read it through Wednesday/Thursday, and have it ready for production next week maybe around the 19th or 20th. I'll let you know....DONE!! Woot!!


Photo Credit: Wikipedia.com

No comments: