Thursday, January 25, 2024

ZuPoo vs. JudePoo

 It seems that every year some new "guru" with that obligatory young, liberal, and hipster look comes along and tells all of us that we should stop all the unnecessary dieting and we should give up our gym memberships because all the workouts, the time spent running on the treadmill and doing so much cardio is just not what we need to do. Our belly fat, they tell us, is only there because we allow it to be. We did it ourselves, and we're the only ones who can remove it.

    I'm not saying that the good folks behind the latest "fat burner" pills called ZuPoo are saying we're never to pick up another barbell or that we're not supposed to juice the greens again, but they sort of kind of said it in their advertising. They have some guy with a three-day beard looking all sexy in his loose-fitting sweats, pushing his agenda, or their agenda, and I decided to look a little closer at it....and at their agenda, too.

    According to the internet, which all of us know, is always correct, (right?) the ingredients found in the ZuPoo product are as follows (not in any percentage order): Magnesium, Cascara Sagrada, Fennel, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, Cape Aloe, Burdock Root, Bentonite, Milk Thistle and Cayenne.  REALLY? We already knew that these ingredients could do the job of moving our bowels. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to go through the list and literally say "yep" each time we run into a supplement that another company used to claim the very same thing!

    How many of us have done the whole apple cider vinegar lemonade thing? How many of us tossed a bit of cayenne into the stew to bring up our temperature a little so we could burn a few more calories? We all do it. Well,  here's my take on it. I have a take you know, because I'm not paying $25.00 a bottle for a 30-day supply of something that generally takes 3-6 months to see the results I'm looking for. NOPE.

    I went on Amazon and I bought the same ingredients in powder form (except the Apple Cider Vinegar. I can pour that into the mix) and I'll make a shake out of it so I can drink it once a day and be done with it. I'll even add psyllium husk as well as turmeric because I'm really just that cool. I'll add it to a juice I would have juiced such as carrot or cucumber with an apple and there you go - - one healthy holy-moly 8-10 ounces of colon cleanser to chase the devil right out of you.

    I may have to sideline it with a good dose of Milk of Magnesia, but it can be done. I'll post the results as I get them and that way you'll know if I'm just a raging lunatic or if maybe I'm onto something. The ingredients cost me $36.00 and will last more than 120 days. I think the smallest bag of powder for the bunch was the fennel, and you only use a little of it anyway. I think I'll get 120 days out of the powders. Even if I only got 60 days I'd be on top, but I think I can get at least 120.

    Let the games begin!!


Photo Credit: LinkedIn.com

No comments: