Tuesday, January 23, 2024

1211 (42% done) YES!!

 So, I've written about 42% of the book, and I think it feels about right. I'm about to write Chapter 14 tomorrow, and that means I'll hit about 29-30 chapters when I'm finished. I think that's about right. I wrote chapters 12 and 13 today. 

    Besides following up with the matron of Garvey House as to who and what lived in the place, Posh brought his wife over to meet the once very popular vaudeville superstar of the stage Mercedes Kuhlman. She was billed as Mercedes Renee, a French and Indian Cajun queen from the bayous of Louisiana, but the truth of the matter is, that Mercedes was born into a very influential and affluent German family; albeit she was in fact from the state of Louisiana. The promoters did tell the truth about that.

    We learned about a case that will foreshadow the characters in the next few books. I like to drag a red herring in when I can to do the build-up to the build-up. There are funny moments, fun moments, odd and strange moments, and we're about to meet a host of new characters who don't necessarily live at Garvey House but something or someone brings them to the place. It is where the action takes and took place.

    One thing Mercedes says is that you don't have to be an Albert Einstein to catch on to a few things that go on at the Garvey House, but it may make things a bit less complicated if you saw the world through the lens of another great mind of that time - - that of the little Tramp, himself. You just never know who may or may not show up on that brick and concrete porch at 1211 W. Garvey. You just never know.

Photo Credit: India Today


No comments: