Thursday, January 11, 2024

New Routine! (Love it)

 As previously discussed in another blog, I have decided to do more in terms of relying on God, and less of relying on myself. This has been the most free-feeling event of 2024. I can, without lying, tell you that I feel really safe, secure, and taken care of. I don't necessarily feel as if I'm in control of anything because quite literally, I gave up all of my control. (Not that I really had that much of it to begin with, mind you.)

    So, one of the new things I'm doing is something I did about three years ago actually, I'm choosing to spend about an hour of my day listening to my preacher Charlie Garrett. It's not hard to do; let me just say that right off the bat. Charlie has probably 3000+ sermons out there, so yeah, spending an hour listening to him on video (YouTube) isn't difficult. The hard part is knowing that I'm only 1/3 of the way through the Genesis sermons. There are 130 I think -- then we go to Exodus. I'll be here a while.

    Charlie was preaching in Genesis about 12 years ago, I think these videos are from 2012. That tells you straight up that the rapture will happen before I get through to the end of these Bible teachings, but hey, that's OK, eternity is a very long time, and I'll sit and listen to him preach in person when we get to Heaven. He'll still be doing it, and he'll still be barefoot on some beach somewhere. That much I know.

    Listening to him go into deep and dedicated detail of whichever verse he's preaching on in whatever video he's preaching in, I find myself learning stuff. I find myself saying to myself, "You know, I remember my other preacher talking about that, but Charlie thinks further, farther, wider, deeper, and he just won't let something sit on the surface. He digs."  I learned today, since we're talking about it, that Abraham didn't sin or show a lack of faith when he asked his wife (who was also his half-sister) to say she was his sister - - so the Egyptians didn't kill him to keep his wife.

    Abraham, according to Charlie, actually acted in faith because he didn't tell her to lie; she was his half-sister. He did it so that he could guarantee his safety, as God had promised him that he and his wife would bear children; they hadn't yet. He didn't want to end up dead; so he bought himself some time. As it turns out, the Pharoah gave him much in terms of a stipend for allowing his beautiful wife to be in his court; there was no inappropriate behavior reported. Most preachers just jump to conclusions and say things - - they don't dig. Charlie digs. I like that.

    So, I'm finding that spending an hour or so every day listening to the Word is good. I know it is, but I'm discovering it all over again. I learn every single day, and I look forward to the next chapter -- or verses; whatever is going to be taught. I also find that I can pause Charlie when I need to, take a break, eat, walk the dog, whatever I need to do, and come back to the video without missing anything really cool. You can't do that when the preaching is live you know - - just sayin'.

    Most of you already know I pray inside a real closet, and I take my dog and sometimes my cat if he's hanging out in the closet before I get into it to pray.  The dog sees me take off my glasses at the computer, and she knows I'm about to hit the closet. She jumps onto the chair before I can get there; it's hilarious. She's a keeper. Two hearts, one mission. She loves Jesus too. It does make me think that I was right in my assumption that animals are actually angels -- they are God's detectives; they tell Him exactly what we're doing!!

    Anyway, this is my new life, and it's a worthy thing I'm adding to my new life. I need it. I want it. I look forward to it. If you need encouragement, or enlightenment, even if you just need to learn more about God -- tune into Charlie Garrett with The Superior Word on Sundays and Thursdays. He's on Rumble. I'll add the link.  The YouTube sermons are the older ones. I'll link those too.  Yes, he looks like he belongs on Duck Dynasty -- and no, he really doesn't wear shoes. He's barefoot most of the time. 

    Charlie was in the Air Force, and spent many many years in high maintenance and development of wastewater management around the globe; he's one of those smarty pants you hear about. To think he's a preacher now, and living on the beach basically down in Sarasota (in a house with his wife of 39 years and their 8 Chihuahuas) you'd never know he has had such a diverse life...but he has. You'll like him, you can't help but like him. I hope you'll listen to him too.

LINKS:

https://rumble.com/c/TheSuperiorWord

https://www.youtube.com/@SuperiorWord

The Genesis Sermons:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=charlie+garrett+genesis+sermons


Photo Credit: Pinterest.com

No comments: