Wednesday, January 24, 2024

1211 (Chapter 14 is done) 45% done

 It doesn't seem like a big change really, but I have crossed a threshold in the book. I'm now genuinely in the book and writing about the house that is the star of the book. The Garvey House is an 8-unit apartment house that is situated in an affluent sort of area, just north of the downtown metroplex in Oklahoma City. Keep in mind, that it is not real, it does not exist in reality. The address I am using is part of one I lived in during my very young years as an adult - - if you call it that. I had barely graduated high school, so yeah, I was legal. 

    The 14th chapter was written today, laying some groundwork for the book's main character Nick Posh. He'll investigate things, dig up things, and literally nail someone in the process. He'll be looking for reasons to pin anything on a suspect to get him off the streets because he believes him to be dangerous. He's on a mission and nothing will stop him. 

    There will be quirks! There will be odd-ends. There will be "Can that even happen?" questions, and there will be shaking of heads. It happened to me, so I know it can happen. I'm pulling out the stops on this one. I'm going to have fun with it and get as much of it out there for the world to enjoy. If I happen to stretch the truth a bit in the process, well, you know I'm fully licensed in creative writing, and I have that right! I have no qualms about it - - let the games begin.

    I only wrote one chapter today, I won't consider myself a slacker until I either do that three days in a row, or if I don't write anything at all - - then I may consider my means, methods, and ways, but until then I am on track to finish the book in about 10 days, and then I can read through it, make corrections, have it published and call it done. I do want to go through it really well, and not have to make more corrections to it after it's published, so I may wait a week after it's written to take it up again and check it for mistakes. 

    I think it best.


Photo Credit: Zillow.com  (This is the actual house I lived in. My unit was upstairs on the left.)

No comments: