Monday, January 8, 2024

F.R.O.G. (Gonna Get a Little Churchy on Ya!)

     If you read my blogs, as thankfully 15 of you do, (thank you) you would know that I am choosing to rely fully on God for literally every single thing in my entire life. It just makes sense to do it. I know that all through my life, and especially my adult life, there have been so many perilous times when I did, and when I didn't rely on God for help. There were stupid and ignorant times in my life, and maybe in yours, I don't know, when I thought I could handle it. I was a tough, independent soul, I am a woman, I am a Celtic woman (by DNA) and I was born to other very strong people who have stood the test of time over and over again.  Then it hit me...they didn't do it alone.

    When I was younger and I wanted something really badly, I remember going up to my aunt Wilma and asking her to pray with me. If she thought it was something that she needed extra help with, we pulled Granny in on that prayer time too. I don't know why I didn't necessarily go to my mom, I think I thought Wilma and Granny were stronger in their faith and I really wanted God to hear me. Do you see where I'm going with this?

    My mom became the Granny.  My aunt passed, my actual Granny passed, and my mom became the one we went to. I was blessed in that I knew she was close to God, and I knew she would carry on the same way that her sister and mother did. Aunt Wilma was the type to look you straight in the eyes and ask "Have you prayed about it yet, or are you thinking you don't need to?"  My mom may say something like "What have you tried? Did that work? Have you thought about praying over it?"  Do you see the difference? My mom knew God had the power, and she knew I should go to Him, but she wasn't directly saying it, and Wilma did. Direction! I needed.

    So, I grew up, I got old, and by God's grace I've been able to make a lot of things happen, but there are times when I just can't do it. I am unable to begin doing it, whatever IT IS I am not there; so I do realize that I need HIS help, and I will directly go to Him to ask because now; you may have guessed it, I am the GRANNY!! ME!!  I am the one that grandkids will come to, I am the one who my nieces and nephews can come to. I am the one who will look them in the eyes and say "Have you asked God yet or did you think you could give it a good go yourself first?"  It's the way you deliver the question; it's all in the deliverance...you gotta have the eyes that go with it. You sort of squint one I think. 

    Waking up and praying is the best. Praying throughout the day is awesome. Realizing that I'm about to do something but need to think it over and pray it out first, just makes sense. Why not give literally EVERY last thing to Him?  He already knows the answer. He already has it all worked out. There's no real reason to worry, there's no real reason to fuss. If you think about it, giving it all up gives you the freedom you need to think about things you can change or things you can do. Don't sweat the tough things; His shoulders are a lot bigger and they're more capable too.

    There's an OLD abbreviation from the 1980s...that's how old it is I think. It's F.R.O.G.  Fully Rely on God. Before that, I remember the W.W.J.D. or What Would Jesus Do slogan. I need to be a F.R.O.G. Christian. I need to put all the trust I can into Him and let Him make the decisions. I can put on the armor, I'm supposed to do that. I can be weaponized, reading the Word and keeping it. I can think, I can plan, I can even hope, but I can't begin to take action until I've sought the method and direction I need to go. It just makes sense, and I do need more sense at times.

    Let me give you an example, so you understand. I am unemployed today, but I won't be. I owe people, but I won't soon. All around me people are bustling, hustling, hurting, crying, weeping, seeking ways and means to make ends meet but I know who I have believed. I know I will be OK. If I fret, if I worry, if I panic, I won't make anything come to me any faster or any better than if I just stop, pray, let go, and wait. What will be, will be, and He has it all wrapped up - - I'll give you a couple of verses to show you.

Isaiah 60:22 b (paraphrased) "In His time it will be".

Psalms 34:10 "The young lions suffer, want, and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."  

    Oh heck, I'll give you a few more because you may need them.

Psalms 37:4-5 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to Him, and HE will bring it to pass."

Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." 

and of course this one:

Isaiah 41:10-13  "So, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  For I am the Lord, YOUR GOD, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.'"

    So there you go. Yeah, I got a little churchy, but I don't actually attend church these days. I go online to www.rumble.com and watch Charlie Garrett of The Superior Word. Here's a link: https://rumble.com/c/TheSuperiorWord

Be blessed and yes, if you need Him, He is there. That's the really cool thing about God. He didn't go anywhere, we did. He's always been there. He will always be there. Just start your own journey to find out. He's that awesome. 

My preacher man, Charlie Garrett of The Superior Word, Sarasota, FL.


Photo Credit: The Superior Word

No comments: