Saturday, January 27, 2024

1211 (Slacking)

 Here it is Saturday, and I don't want to write. I'm not going to consider myself a total slacker, however. I'm going to watch two movies and see if I can get a few more clues and/or ideas for the book. I have in my mind what I want to say. I have a plan for this story, that story, etc., but I'm just sort of lacking the motivation to make it all happen today. I've been on a reading binge, which isn't a bad thing.

    Today is January 27, and I'm fairly certain I'll write either tomorrow or next week. I'm not really in any hurry, and I don't have to have anything penned by any time soon; it's just me putting myself under pressure, so I have decided not to do that. I'm going to read more, watch old movies, think, exercise, sleep, and take hot baths. That really sounds like an amazing plan.

    It's about 32 degrees outside, but the wind is kicking up and making it feel so much colder. I think the dog decided to pee really quickly so she didn't have ice sticking to her butt. She told me in no uncertain terms that we were running back to the door and we had just barely stepped out of it. She knows. She's not one to fool around when it comes to cold weather.

    Her being so persnickety about being outside brought to my attention that there isn't a dog in my book yet. I'm on chapter 15 and there is no dog. Who does that? I think Alistair will need a good dog soon. I'm wondering if he'll find one on the way home from school or if his dad comes up with one during his course of work.  You just never really know. Ama could use a dog too, she doesn't leave her house much other than to get groceries and go to church. She could use a dog. We'll have to dog this book up - - that may be what it needs.

    Until then, I bid you farewell, and a good evening. I'm about to choose which old-timey movie I want to spend my time with. It's gotta be about murder so I can get an understanding of what people said during the 30s and 20s about murder, science, and things like that. I listen and I learn. I like learning.



Photo Credit:  Wikipedia.com


No comments: