Friday, January 5, 2024

My Resolutions!! (2024)

 What is this, the 5th of the new month, and I'm finally getting around to telling everyone my New Year's resolutions? Dang, I'm really not that concerned about them I suppose.  Well, that's not entirely true, but when I tell you my two main choices you'll pretty much understand what it is that is keeping me from going off and talking about it. I'm trying to rein in some of the overtness and do a bit more of the calmness; there's a reason.

    So, my first and most important New Year's resolution is to pray more and lean less. By leaning less, I mean to lean less on my own understanding, and to put God's ideas, wants, and plans before my own. I have screwed up enough over these past many years to know, that I am not the best plan maker - - nope. I am just one of the millions (if not billions) who put themselves first or at least fairly close to the top of their own priorities; I need to stop that behavior right now. I think I know how to accomplish that.

    The prayer thing is a big thing. I pray all the time, but I decided that this year, (kind of started it last year to be honest) I do more in the actual closet praying, and with my dog. Sometimes, because I'm really overly spiritual, I'll allow a cat or two to creep into the closet to snuggle up with us when we pray. Ginger is so used to going into the closet that sometimes I will catch her in there praying when I'm on the computer writing. I glance over and she's on the little chair with her head between her paws!! Wait for me!!

    So, by praying more and letting go of so much more, I think I'm actually going to feel better, be healthier, relax more, and just be a happier person. Believe me when I say I don't really worry about much anyway, but now I'm just taking that to another level completely. I'm seriously just going to let the troubles hit me, acknowledge them, and head straight into the closet to leave them at Jesus' feet. I don't want those troubles. I just really don't.

    Today, out of the blue I was hit with something that never should have happened and I got upset. I really did. I nearly shot out of my head from it, but then I remembered my promise to myself and my promise to God. I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm just going to dump it on Him and leave it there. I can't do much if anything to change it; He has to. If it will be changed, if it will be helped or resolved, He has to do it. I just can't anymore. I'm too full of hope now. I just can't argue with Him and His reasoning. The Bible is too often proven. There is no reason to fear. I hate that I even blew up, but maybe over time, I'll learn to stop that as well.

    When I saw a meme today that made me smile, I decided to share it. It goes along with the first resolution and now my second. My second resolution is to share my faith, to show others that it's not a gimmick, it's not something I do for attention. It's not something I think will pass either. I believe and I know that God is good always. He really will be the provider. The meme said:  "We don't pray to God because of who we are, we pray to God because of who He is."

    God and God alone will keep 2024 and every other year, month, day, hour, minute, and even every second in check. He and He alone is the Resolution. If that sounds churchy, well, don't think of it that way. Think of it as just a really good honest statement from the experience of someone who has fallen over and over again, but who has decided to not fall alone - - If nothing else comes of it, I will be still, and know He is God.

    It works, Tex. It works.


Photo Credit: Ebay

No comments: