Thursday, August 31, 2023

Edinburgh (The Book) 80% GOING GOING....

 OMG....I am literally on the last few chapters, there are maybe 4 left. I may have to make it 5 but one will be smaller, as it is just one of those tie-up-the-loose-ends sort of chapters. I'm working on the end, making sure I have all the people where I need and want them.  I have the flat being remodeled, the dog meets a new friend, there is so much to think about with the wedding...what? THE WHAT?

    Oh, yes, well, it is a romance novel. There is love involved. Sometimes when there is love there is marriage, and you know...that baby carriage. (Spoiler alert, where a baby is born during the book, it isn't Elyn.  She's 42 and that would be a bit scary for both her and her Bohemian lover.) Someone has a baby though. She's a little girl, and I named her Aurora; there was a reason for that.

    With the book being titled "Edinburgh," I wanted the reader to understand that the main character in the book is the city of Edinburgh. I haven't gone over yet how one is to properly pronounce the word, but I will do that, I promise. I'm thinking of adding it either tomorrow when I write 3 of the last chapters, or on Saturday, the day I finish the book. I will read through it online on Sunday and Monday. I will make changes, add things, take things out, revamp, fluff, and stuff, and I'll approve it for publication either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. 

    All in all the book took 12 days to write. I began on the 22nd and I will finish on the 2nd. I don't think I'll finish tomorrow. I may have been able to, but Jeannie is coming over tomorrow night and we'll be too busy for me to write. I have to be alone when I write. I can discuss things with people, but I have to be alone when I do the actual writing. Dogs can be in the room, even cats. I had a gecko in my room for a little of the writing, but no humans. If one comes into the room I immediately stop my typing and converse with it...them.

    So, today I have 68,000 words more or less. Tomorrow I'll add 10,000+, which will put me at 78,000, and on Saturday I'll top the thing off with another 3000 words. That will be 81,000 total, but that is before I go through it to tweak it. I tend to add a paragraph or two, remove one or two, add another, and this goes on for a minute or so before I say to myself "Enough!" I do that. I could tweak it for weeks if I had to; or wanted to. I don't so I won't.  I'll end up with around 83,000 words and I'll be a happy camper. It will be a 6x9 book, so it's about the same size as "Of Kilted Pleasure" with about as much fun and lovemaking - - maybe more if I'm honest. 

    I'll be sure to send copies of the book to some rather important people in the city of Edinburgh so they know it's out there and maybe I can use it as a catalyst for them to invite me to the city to promote the book -- my dream. I'll then stay a few years to write more books; invest more time, words, and money into my adopted land, and who knows, maybe I'll die and be buried behind a few cobbled stones or in a seldom used close; another crazy but plausible dream of mine.  LOL

    Hope you enjoy the book when it's available. At this rate, it should be around the 10th of September or so. I have to approve it first, which is what I will do once I send it off on Wednesday the 6th.  They take a day or so to send the file back to me as a download, and I take a day or so to go through it and say yes or no. If I approve it, it will show up IMMEDIATELY for purchase. That's fun. That is so much fun to go onto Amazon and see your books are up for sale!! I don't care if anyone actually buys them, but they are there!! That makes me smile.

Photo Credit: unknown

No comments: