Saturday, July 22, 2023

Pinball Begins.

So, after thinking about it, I may or may not end up writing both books at the same time. I'm sort of in a mood to just keep writing the murder books. I know I can't get too bogged in it because I love the Kilted series too. It's only three books, so I could just write those and be done, but I think I want to put space between those anyway. I won't be too disappointed if Ewan and Aria really do spend a year apart from each other. Right now they're living separate lives so they can learn to live on their own and become the people they are meant to be. It's so romantic it makes me laugh. They could fall into each other's arms instantly, but they want to wait it out and let their love truly grow through appreciation and ...blah, blah, blah.

    What that means is, I am reading the notes I have already written for Pinball, and the very first note is that it takes place right after Murder Book. That means it takes place on New Year's Day 1930. It takes place in Edinburgh first, because Posh needs to go back to the States, but he just met up with Elaine. He and she need to have a moment, of course, then we can get into the reasons he goes back to the States to continue to catch the last of the Rub-A-Dub killers. The one that got away.

    I don't want to say too much, because if I do I would give away too much of the book I just wrote. Pinball will be a dive into the minds of the two separate murderers; John Reid whose real name is Walter E. Sanders, and Wade Murray, who really is Wade Murray, but uses the name Edward Sands when he's either in the U.S. or Canada, and when he was caught red-handed by Delores Muir the night he murdered Nathan Flores and David Sloan at her Inn up by the Leith Docks. You remember it, it's the Blackbeard Inn. Great place. I've stayed there several times, and since I know Delores personally, I never pay a penny. 

    Pinball will go into detail about the psychosis of the two killers, and where it will compare the two diagnoses, it will not be an end-all sort of medical thing. I will not be going into too much detail other than to describe how their manic behavior festers and manifests itself. I'm not writing a medical journal; I'm writing a murder thriller. I'll use parts of other books, journals, videos, and shows to draw any and all understanding and inference. I'm thinking I may go watch a few more Quincy shows. Love that man.

     I'll likely throw in a recipe for biscuits and gravy, maybe have Ama Posh make a heap of them for the boys. Fergy comes back to help and just vacation with Nick, but ends up falling in love and staying. That will need to be a tryst since he's still married up in Chicago; he and his wife are on the skids. He knows better, and Ama sets him straight about it. Nick doesn't apologize for what she says to him either. Instead, Nick tries to help him obtain his divorce.

    Pinball will have a series of gruesome unfortunate killings in the U.S.A. and one in Scotland. The one in Scotland is in the jailhouse and where fingers point to Fiona Hay Brown, it may have been someone else; we'll just have to see who did it. The reason "mystery" if there is one, is will Eoghan ever truly be free from Jane? She is out on her own, still sleeping with Reid, but instead of keeping her end of the deal with the police, she tells Reid what's going on, and it leads to real trouble both for her and for Eoghan. Will she ever learn? Geez, what a dumb selfish bitch. Oh well, it's a good character flaw to work with.

    I'm reading the notes today, pulling out things from those, and sort of thinking of the first line. I want the first line to be great. I want it to lead into the rest of Chapter One which is the chapter that sets up the book. I need to have the end worked out before I start the beginning. That way I know where I'm going, and when to stop. I have all nine books started if you consider that I'm putting notes down for each. I will build on one from the other, and carry instances, incidents, and events from one to the other. Some will be solved, some will not, some will linger, and some will be flatly dismantled. Life.  The next nine books (and more) will share Nick Posh's life from my brain to all of you. (...and the lives of dozens of others through various stages of character development.)


Photo Credit: Rightmoves.co.uk


No comments: