Friday, July 21, 2023

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOT!!!

 Let me just say that I love the words "Congratulations" when I see them written out in printed words on the Ingram Spark site. That means my book has been submitted and it has been accepted. WOOT!!  I'm able to say that I have successfully uploaded "Murder Book" and it will be processed this week. I will have a copy of it in my hands by this time next week, and I will go over it, and see if I need to make any corrections. If I do not, I will post it as is, and start the process of promoting the book. If I do have to make corrections it will only take two days to do; such a great tool!!

    The whole font-not-being-embedded issue was a real issue. I've had it before, and I thought I knew what I was doing, but I didn't have an active Adobe account subscription, which was why I couldn't make changes. I was not even on the trial sub, I didn't have one, so it wasn't uploading the fonts I needed.  What really upset me is that the two fonts that refused to upload were both products of Times New Roman! C'mon, folks, that's a gimme!! That's such a freebie!! But, it wasn't embedding for whatever reason, therefore, it wasn't there, and Ingram Spark would not accept it. 

    Done!! I am done with Murder Book unless there need to be corrections made. I can start fully on both Pinball and Of Kilted Love. Those are the two I am choosing to write simultaneously. What a weird thing to do; but it's also something I think will help my creative mind to wander where it should, would, and could be wandering. I don't want my mind to stay in one place too long. 

    One of the things I really love about Ingram Spark is that you choose the price of the book, but then again, I hate that I only have some say in the matter. I tell Amazon and others that I'll allow up to a 55% discount for the book if they need to do it, which is great, and that's what they do. I only make about $1.98 per book in the US, and much less around the world, if it is in print. I think I make more for the eBooks. I will be checking into uploading those very soon. I have to figure out how to change my PDF into an EPUB file so I can do that. Ingram will charge me .60 per page, so that's $202 which I don't want to pay. If I can do it myself, I'm going to do it myself.

    Amazon will likely ask for $19.00 for my book. I told them $16.00 but they'll take that, add in the 55% which is $8.5 savings, then they double it, $17.00 and add $2.00 that they pay me. That's what I'm told is their way of pricing book. If I go lower than $16.00 I make about .85 per book and that wouldn't really be a good thing to do. I'll do that once the eBooks start selling because I would think I will make more on ebooks anyway. We'll see. It's all about promoting in the beginning and I don't have the money to do that right now. It will happen.

    For now, I'm just really happy that the book was uploaded, accepted, and is now being created so I can approve it. I really really hope I don't find any more mistakes. I went through it 3x and then went back over it skimming for red or blue underlines for misspelled words, grammar or spacing issues, so I could make those adjustments. I added about 100 new words to the dictionary I think. That's the best way to avoid having to see it underlined over and over again on my manuscript. The words "MacRae", "Hanshaw" and "Crainer" which are names, were all unrecognized, and I had to add them.  Geez.

    I'll keep you posted. It should be in 3 days that I get the email saying it's ready to order. I'll order it, wait for it, get it, read it, make any and all corrections, and it will and should be ready for public purchase by the 5th of August.


Photo Credit:  Ingram Spark

No comments: