Monday, July 10, 2023

Aloe Vera Juice!! (Again)

     I called my local Akins Health store to find out what the average price for their 100% natural aloe vera juice was/is. It's a whopping $37.99 (WHAT?) Yep, that's for a gallon of course, but still, that's really expensive. Amazon has the EXACT brand for $25.00.  Yeah, looks like I'm doing Amazon. I'll keep an eye out for other places in town; the Asian market may have their brand. I love that place. I get my loose-leaf tea there for literally 1/4 the cost that it is being sold in the city just miles from that store. WOW....when I think about how people outprice and screw people, it is just amazing. 

    So, aloe vera juice is good for so many things. You may already know this, but I'm going to rattle off a few of its benefits for the sake of those who may not know it. I am getting my information straight from the internet and will link the article I got my information from so folks can go read all the juicy news about the plant. (Did you see what I did there?) https://getgrowfit.in/blogs/grow-fit-blog/18-reasons-to-drink-aloe-vera-juice-everyday

      I'll start with the obvious; aloe vera is good for your skin, your digestive, and it hydrates you. We get that, but for the money you dish out for it, it'll need to do a lot more than that; and it does. It helps with clearing skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne. It works from the inside out. It helps keep you regular and loosens stool that may be stuck inside your colon. It works to clean your whistle, as my Grandpa Edwards would say. He used prune juice, but you get the picture. Aloe vera is also good for lowering your bad cholesterol and helping with any inflammation that may be hanging out in your muscles and tendons. It helps to regulate your blood sugar, so if you're pre-diabetic or even have Diabetes (check with your doctor first) you can drink aloe vera (up to 8 oz recommended a day) and it may reduce those symptoms as well. Notice, I said MAY, I'm not a medical doctor. 

    There are just so many things that it does for you, the price then becomes a non-issue. I wanted to know specifically if it worked to help burn fat. I want to burn my fat. It does. It boosts your metabolism so your body burns the fat on its own. This was the #1 reason I bought the jug. I'll drink four ounces of it daily in my smoothie and use it to down my supplements such as the psyllium husks that I take, zinc, Dhea, and all the wonderful vitamins. You'd think I'd be 125 pounds and as healthy as the proverbial horse; I am not. I am closer to the size of a smaller horse though. LOL, if that counts. I have struggled with my mid-section for years. I hope this will help.

    About 12 years ago I remember drinking very herbal tea; I made it myself from raw materials, and I drank aloe vera juice every day. It was the smallest I had ever been as an adult after having the kids. I think I was 148.  I'll take that again. I'm 5'7" so that's not too much. I can do that. I promise I'll be a good girl, God, please, just do that without having to do all the damn cardio! I love walking, but with all the training I'm doing for work I don't have time. I just have to walk in place with my Bluetooth headphones on while I listen to someone rattle on about how to measure a house for drywall replacement after a flood. It's what I do for fun these days. Riveting!

    There you have it, aloe vera! I did it before, I can do it again. I just had NO IDEA how danged expensive it is. I think it was expensive 12 years ago too, but I don't remember. I was too busy working and traveling. I will forever remember Amazon's price over Akins though...not a hard thing to do. That, and going to the Asian market soon will be a good and happy thing. I can get the teas I need to make the herbals I used then as well. I would LOVE to be 148 again...OK, 143. I'd LOVE IT. Thank you in advance God....thank you.

Photo Credit: Amazon.com


No comments: