Thursday, July 20, 2023

Hats Off!! (Thank you, Nathan Flores of San Antonio)

 If I'm 100% honest about it, there are probably a dozen or more Nathan Flores living in San Antonio, TX, but the one I am personally thanking today is from a specific recruiting company. If he gives me permission to say where that is, I'll update this post, but I don't want his company to get onto him for allowing their name to be mentioned if their legal department has an issue with it. The same company said I could not mention where Kevin worked; Kevin is in another book I wrote.

    So, Nathan Flores, is a recruiter, a really cool guy, and he loves to dance. This fact was made known to me when I found him and his colleagues whooping it up on video when one or the other of them posted it on LinkedIn. I love LinkedIn. It's become a really good place to hang out with proven professionals who like to meet great people to discuss both personal passions as well as professional goals.

    Nathan found my resume and wanted to discuss an opportunity he had with a great company in Norman, OK. He's in San Antonio, so I wondered why Kevin didn't have that particular assignment. I found out that all of the companies, even though they are connected, are franchised now. I get that. It's a Subway thing. They can use the same logos and such, but they are independent.  Nathan wanted to talk to me about the job, but instead of calling me back, the man decided to dance!! Seriously? Really? You're going to ghost me to have fun? Damn!! (:

    He called me today, and we went over what it would take for the company he's looking to place me with, to actually hire me. Well, for one thing, they'll have to wait a week because I'm going through the Pilot Catastrophe training. I'm not missing it for anyone. I'm going to be that much more valued when I complete it. Nathan understood and even said he would use that as a means of leveraging my position because it shows my dedication and discipline; good move, Nathan.

    Since my new book "Murder Book" has a guy named Nathan Byers who is murdered, I thought I would run it by Nathan Flores to see if he wanted me to change the name of the dead guy from Byers to Flores. To my surprise, he say he would love it. He said he's always been fascinated with serial killers, so it would be awesome to be murdered by one in a fiction novel. There you go, I love that sort of spontaneity and devotion to one's hidden passions. 

    Nathan's name was changed from Byers to Flores, and I've even thanked Nathan on the "Thank You" page for allowing me to "kill" him in the book.  Again, there are no doubt countless Nathan Flores in the world, but this one has given me permission, and I thought that was very nice. If he also finds me a great job, hey, I won't complain. I can always do whatever it is that he wants me to do, and do claims on the side, as well as write, as well as trading Forex. I'm good. I won't be bored. People ask me if I watch this or that television show, and I'm like...what's television? No, I don't have time, sorry.

    Well, with that, I thank you one more time Mr.  Nathan Flores of San Antonio, TX and I hope your family can still recognize you after you've been murdered. It wasn't an easy one either buddy; nope. The guy was plied with alcohol first, had his throat cut, then was dumped out a 2nd story window, propped up by a tree, and had his limbs tied up with a Turk's Head knot or two, before being stuffed in a barrel with a bit of sulphuric acid and water. He was dumped by the bay and found by a kid. It's just another day in the life of a Rub-A-Dub murderer. (I should add in the book that Nathan's family mourned for him back in San Antonio, TX.) 


Photo Credit:  Collector's Weekly. 

No comments: