Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Nick Posh Novels - The Line Up

     Most authors would rather die than tell the audience what's coming. My thoughts are so very different. My books are not murder mysteries. No, everyone knows who did the killing. It's never been about the murder itself for me; it's about the disposal of the bodies, the coverup, the chase, the innuendo, the factors, the capture, the escape, the plan, and of course, the execution.  Murder is an ugly business, but a business nevertheless; I should put that in quotes, as it's something Nick Posh says. ("Murder is an ugly business, but a business nevertheless") There. Solved.

    The first book is finished and will be published very soon.  I'm starting on "Pinball" and the lineup to follow is this: 

Pinball

1211

Stollen

Cask

Mesa

The Kingdom

Shadow

Death Mask

    I don't think I missed any. These are the books I'll start now and hopefully have written by this time next year or soon after. I'm not going to worry about anyone else taking the titles. These titles have no doubt already been taken. You can do that as an author since your name is not the name of the other author.  It's not stealing if it's not copyrighted.  No one can copyright a title with such vague language. Besides, my story about "Mesa" will not be the same story as someone else's story. It's not like I'm going to patent it. I'm writing it. Different book. How many Springfields are there, or Main Streets? 

    After downloading 10 wonderful photos online at Adobe.com yesterday, I decided to create all the books, and put them out there, so that it's pseudo-published, and if someone does decide to challenge me, or steal from me, they can have a great time trying. There's NO WAY anyone can get my stories out of my head and put them onto their computer. It's my story; done.  Nick Posh probably isn't the only Nick Posh out there, but he is likely the only Nick Posh private investigator who is a character in a series that takes place in the mid-20th century. If not, I don't care. This one is mine.

    Nick finds himself in very dull and mundane roles in one of the upcoming books, not the next one. As a reader, you'll need to understand that the Paul Drake agency in Perry Mason has several other clients as well, and not all of the assignments are exciting. There are stakeouts, divorces, adultery, kidnapping, sex trafficking, animal theft, and so many other things that a P.I. can investigate including insurance fraud; bank fraud, robberies, and arson. Nick will see it all before he's finished, but we have to start somewhere. I can promise this; someone will be killed in every book, and Nick will seek to discover who it is.

    Nick has another saying that is in Pinball, but I'll go ahead and say it here with quotes again, to pseudo-publish it.  Nick feels that "If a suspect isn't identified within the first eight days of the investigation, the chances of doing so crawl to a near halt. Every day becomes his eternity to escape, and ours to find him." That's how he feels about it, and in one of my books, he says so. He may repeat it in a future book because I like readers to say "I remember that". Which they do if you say it a few times. If someone steals that line now, I can always go back to this post and prove I wrote it, it's date stamped. Boo-Yah!

    I'm in the mood to write, but I have to study, so I'll get back to it. I have to be human and pay my bills. Someday I hope Nick can pay my bills for me. Wouldn't that be nice? I would absolutely love it. I need to find a dark tan Stetson Fedora to put in my office for inspiration. Nick has a frock coat, but it's not the stereotypical type you see on detectives.  He wears the Fedora to honor his dad...and hide things. OK, so with that, I'll let you go, I have to eat, feed the dogs, and settle in to listen to what takes place when an automobile is flooded and someone wants to file a claim. Woot!

My life is just too exciting. 


Photo Credit: Adobe.com (later, when I use it I'll give the photographer credit)


    

No comments: