Saturday, July 30, 2022

WHAT? You Could be PAID to MOVE to SCOTLAND?

 Before you get too excited about the possibility of actually being paid to move to Scotland, let me preface all of it by saying MAY BE, not that you will be. There's a program or two out and about in the country to Scotland, whereby they are looking for younger people and families to move to the remote islands in the far north part of the country.  You may have heard of the Isle of Skye and possibly Orkney, but there are others! There are programs you can find online if you're so inclined to do so; and you too could be a Scot! (Don't actually say you are one even if you do move there, you'll find that they don't really cotton to that sort of thing.) 

    I just realized that in that last sentence I used an absurd word usage that my UK friends who knew me, would say, "You did it again", meaning I used a word that they don't have; and I used it in a way that they never would. I said "you'll find that they don't really cotton to that sort of thing", and by "cotton" I mean "appreciate".  Americans are forever using words that mean nothing to the Brits and I suppose they do it right back at us!  If I were to be paid to move to Scotland, I would not be all that thrilled about being on a remote tiny island in the upper skirts of the country. I would have to pass on the payment option and just move somewhere in the middle where I think I could cause so much more havoc!

    Considering that I would be working from home I would need to first find out if the country is still doing their investment visa. That would be the way to go. I think first I would try the no visa for 6 months, just traveling, and then the visiting visa for six months.  After that, I could go with an entertainment visa which I hear can be up to 24 months, so that's cool. I could research more books, and where I may want to shoot the films for such books. During this time I could trade on the Forex, make a bit, invest a bit in the country, apply for an investor's visa, and have another five years to invest the correct or certain amount. If I wasn't successful with the investments, I could always repeat the process and start with another type of visa for those who really want to be there! I think I'm spinning my proverbial wheels, but hey, it's a fun game to play with my mind at this hour!

    I would likely purchase in a cheaper area rather than settling for a tiny spot in Edinburgh's City Centre. After watching about 100 more films online about the goings on in the ECC on nearly a daily basis, I think I would need a bit more privacy. I am OK with hopping on a bus and taking in the sights as I travel to and from ECC, but I don't think I'd want to hang my hat there; even if it was a tam. I would prefer Falkirk, Polmont, Lauriston, Carrickstone, Redding, and/or Livingston to the west. I would prefer Dalgety Bay, Inverkeithing, Rosyth, and/or Dunfermline to the north, and I'm not really sure I would head out either south or east since Stirling is such an alluring site as well as Edinburgh. I may end up living in Falkirk near Falkirk High Station so I can go anywhere I damn-well please. Good plan.

    I found yet another ad in the classifieds sort of places where people go to find good jobs; and this one was for teaching in the remote locations of Scotland. Seems they pay a higher wage up that way.  Those who were both certified to teach, and who had a family could end up being paid to go, helped to find a home, asked to teach, and paid a better wage! I passed the information along to a younger colleague of mine, and we'll see if she applies. Again, I don't mind vacationing up in that neck of the woods, but I really don't want to be stuck there without a ferry in the dead of winter. Just sayin'.

    I put my thinking cap on again, and I began thinking while I'm working the trade markets and doing Forex, I could also braid paracord bracelets and sell them on Etsy with my soaps, candles, and other wares. I think the market(s) would be drastically smaller since Scotland (and/or the UK) is about 1/42 the size of America, but you just never know, I could find a niche market for my goods and either sell them or just donate them to Bethany Christian Trust, and let them sell them for their own profit. That would be good way of both investing and working the service side as well.  I love serving and God has blessed me. I think I may end up doing something like that. We'll see.

    OK, so back to the slumberland for me. I woke up thinking I wanted to write a bit and get my mind in shape for dreaming. I have a few things I need and want to sort out about my future if the Rapture doesn't come soon.  I mean, it's a win-win. I can go to Scotland or Heaven - - yeah, I'm good with that. I have a bit of planning to do, writing to do, selling, and trading to do, but it's a work about to make progress. I can be patient. Those moors aren't really going anywhere, not anytime soon.

Photo Credit: Equnews.com

    

No comments: