Saturday, July 30, 2022

Closer to Autumn!

 As we close out July, I am reminded that we are still less than 1/2 way through the heat wave of 2022.  Yes, of course, it's worse than last year. We're an entire year closer to the end of time as we know it. The Bible is clear about weather changes. I guess some would like to say "climate change", but the fact is God doesn't lie, and He said this would happen. He also said that we'd face other calamities in the end, there would be certain (named) countries forming alliances at the end as well.  He also mentioned the mannerisms of people, employers, family-to-family, couples, and their children. Guess what folks, WE ARE AT THE END! This makes me really happy!

    It's a Win-Win for me. Either we go to Heaven in the Rapture or we see better weather on the near horizon. I'm good.  I made it through July with only a few mishaps when it comes to dodging human traffic to get to the restrooms in public places. The heat can do a number on your belly when you least expect it.  I have been able to drink nearly 2x the water intake that I normally take in, and believe me when I say I normally outdrink (water or lemon water) a water buffalo! I'm really just one big travel mug when it comes to pouring water down my throat.  To be fair, I've been drinking more than 100 oz (3 liters) of water with lemon or lime for nearly 2 years. Wow, in four days it will be 2 years!

    So, two years ago (4 days from now) I woke up and I was just not having it anymore. The day before I had fallen from my horse AGAIN, and I just knew it was because the saddle didn't fit, or the blanket was scratching him, or something. NOPE. Those were not the causes of my fall. The fact was I was fat! I'm not going to sugarcoat it, you shouldn't sugarcoat it when sugar has basically been the real issue. I love sugar. I make cakes with powder sugared icing, but I won't use it now in anything baked or eaten other than when powdered sugar is used for icing. You can't get the texture you need with Stevia. Two years ago I weighed 216 pounds. Even when I was pregnant and about to give birth to my third child, I wasn't that big. I let my body go to the point that my horse utterly refused to let me ride, and I don't blame him.

    A horse that is 1000 pounds should only be expected to take 20-22% of his or her body weight and that includes the saddle. I was 216, and my saddle was about 28 pounds, so you're talking (wait, there's Math involved) 244 pounds. My horse would need to be between 1150-1220 pounds to take that weight comfortably and he was rocking 1000 maybe!  Though 24.4% is not a huge problem for a horse for short periods of time, I was asking more of him than he was willing to comfortably do, and that's what happened. I was no longer comfortable in the saddle. I thudded to the ground and let me tell you, 216 pounds hitting the ground hurts. It was time to change EVERYTHING and I knew it.

    I sold my horse because I knew it would be a year before I could lose enough weight to ride like a skinny girl again.  I didn't account for my girth when I pushed through for canters and my girth paid homage to the laws of gravity. I lost in that one a few times.  I sold the horse to a great family, and I started the long process of eating better, drinking only lemon water, no soda, no sugar in my drinks at all, and I did away with the candies I kept as snacks. I traded sugars for nuts, fruits, veggies, and grains. In about a year's time (August 2021) had lost about 48 pounds. I was really hoping it would be 50, but it was 48.  So from 216 to (wait, Math again) 168 and I rode my daughter's horse to "reward" myself.  SUCH a difference! Oh my gosh, I came so close to just buying another horse, I'm not kidding you.

    Today, just four days from the 2nd anniversary of my diet and exercise program, I am literally still 168, but, I am smaller than I was last year at this time, so I have to assume I am building muscle. I have that belly still, I still have bigger breasts, and I don't want them. I have a plan to rid myself of them permanently, but I'm going to give myself 6-8 months more of dieting and exercising, weight lifting, and stretching to see if I can get them down to a reduced size and it will be easier on me to recover when I do have them reshaped.  Most women want augmentation, not this one. If I come out looking like I did as a freshman in high school I will not complain!

    SUMMER is more than 1/3 gone!! THANK YOU, JESUS!  Done with the 100+ degree weather, but we do still have about 4 more weeks of it. August tends to roll by faster than July because I find myself pouring myself into my work. This year it will be teaching again, like it was in 2021, 2019, and 2018.  In 2020 we were all asked to stay home and work from home, which I was doing anyway, so there was nothing really to do other than sweat and complain about it. I don't know why we Americans complain about the heat outside when we have cooler homes, but maybe we just like to complain, or maybe it's the electric bill that skyrockets due to the heat outside. Either way, we complain throughout July and August, and we like to joke and say that the first day of the State Fair brings the needed rain! (We say that because the first day of the State Fair typically pours as the skies open up and ruin the first day revenues year after year.)

    Six more weeks! Can she do it? I think I can. I think I can press forward with my new exercise program, the diet, the water intake, and the new changes with Matcha tea vs. coffee. Green tea is supposed to trigger the metabolism, and I need to be triggered, let me tell you!  I'm also taking in activated charcoal twice a day to see if I can get even more "toxin" out of my system.  Did you know that the doctors who were forced to give the jabs have been actively telling patients and anyone who will listen, to use activated charcoal to get "toxic waste" out of your system? True fact. I'm doing it. I also soak in vinegar water (1 cup) with 1/2 cup of baking soda every night, and use essential rose oil in a mix of almond oil and mineral oils afterward. Rose oil has a frequency level of 320!  WHAT? You don't know about frequency levels? I'm sorry, there's another blog for that!

Bring on September!!!

Photo Credit: OKCFox.com


No comments: