Saturday, February 6, 2021

Whisper In My Ear - a poem

 Whisper in My Ear 

 

Whisper in my ear, love 

Penetrating sounds coo with each breath 

I relax in your arms, held bound without ties 

Captive for you without snare 

 

Your words hushed with anticipation 

Half air, half promise 

No one near but you love, no one closer 

Swear these words you use 

 

Twirling pastels in my mind 

Your lavenders within my lilac 

My imagination no longer alone to dream 

You are my spirit, you are my breath 

 

Burning without flame, consumed without fire 

Leaning in, I want to know you 

Panting skin against your hardened form 

Racing heart stop - I can’t hear him 

 

Whisper in my ear, love 

Say all you dare to say now 

I hold pledged your promise 

I await your silenced mouth  

 

  • Jude Stringfellow  

  • February 6, 2021 



No comments: