Thursday, February 18, 2021

Sailor Ellis Jayne Stringfellow

 How is it that this girl has made it seven long years without Gramma writing about her in a blog? No way!! I couldn't even believe it when I went through my blogs to find one just dedicated to her sweet soul. Nope, there wasn't one. I talk about her a lot in a bunch of other blogs, but I didn't even take the time to write one just for her, so that's what I'm doing right now!  Ode to my Sailor Ellis Jayne Stringfellow!

Sailor came to us on the morning of May 10, 2013, and she was one pretty baby, let me tell you -- not as big as her brother at nearly 10 pounds, but she was a whopping 8 pounder plus! She held her own, that's for sure, and she's never been the slightest bit shy about telling you just how to make things happen HER way. She's 100% her own, even at the age of two, we knew this when she took off running down the street diapered trying to catch a dog that had caught her attention from the interior window of my house! OFF SHE WENT - - opening doors, climbing down the porch stairs, pumping it down the road, foot over foot screaming "DOGGY! DOGGY!"  It wasn't long before her mom and I were able to wrangle her and bring her back to the world of obedient children; where moms and grannies aren't taken by complete surprise. The dog got away - - but only that one. Sailor is exactly like her mom Caity, if the animal isn't claimed she's gonna own it! That includes squirrels, deer, rabbits, ferrets, gorillas...no, she'll probably let the gorilla find its way back to its home base; maybe.

At seven Sailor has mastered gaming, basic computer skills in general, and is interested in programming. She's an artist, a writer, an actress, a painter, a cook, and she likes to dance and sing too. She's eclectic and has her own style.  Because her dad is so freakishly tall, Sailor is already a head taller than her best friends of the same age and class at school.  She's that one girl you always remember from elementary school that stood almost as tall as the librarian and could out-eat any boy in the school for sure. She's athletic and loves to hike, but that's where things can become tricky if you know what I mean. If you see her picking up a rock along the trail, don't assume it's a rock, it could have feet, a tail, a nose, and it may need a name soon.  

Like her brother Copeland, Sailor was raised by two overly active parents who ride bikes, hike, go walking, shop at new stores, vacation, go traveling, like to camp, and her gramma and aunt have horses, so you know she's gonna want a pony of her own soon as well.  Sailor loves games and she's not all that upset if she loses as long as she doesn't lose by too much. She's a good sport about it when it's a fair game. I've seen her walk away when things got too heated and she couldn't pull a rabbit from a hat to save her life, but she was pretty good about it; offering a cookie as a reward to her big brother for his win! He's the type to thank her, and even apologize for winning; she's the type that will let him apologize.  They make a good set. I like them both....ah heck, who am I kidding, I love them!

She's my girl.





No comments: