Thursday, February 4, 2021

A Few of My Favorite Things.

 When I think about it, I do actually have a favorite child. I know, parents aren't supposed to admit that and they certainly should never say it out loud or post it in a blog, but the truth is, I have a favorite child that I actually gave birth to.  Reuben is my favorite son, Laura is my favorite middle child, and Caity is my favorite baby.  Whenever one or the other of them tries to get me to say he or she is my favorite I always disagree and say either of their two siblings is my actual favorite, and I give a reason why. I may say to Reuben, "Oh no, no, Caity is my favorite, she made me breakfast today", or I may say to Caity when she asks, "Nope, that's not you, Laura is my favorite. She thinks I'm pretty." Truth be told I can't pick just one of them because they are all so darn adorable. Perfection times 3, what can I say?

Other favorites of mine would include animals, and yes, I do have my preferences when it comes to fur babies. If I could live with only one animal and one animal alone it would be a dog. I could not live without one. This one fact is what has kept me from going to prison for murder, I'm overtly sure of it. If I can't have a dog to sleep with, hang out with, go places with, and just be next to, I am not showing up in the first place. This is another reason I know all dogs go to Heaven, and Heaven is chock-full of mutts. Just millions and millions of dogs roaming the streets, hills, valleys, and creeks of Heaven. Can't wait. I do love horses, don't get me wrong, but I will never be without a dog.

Food? Yes, please. I do love food. I think bread tops the list, but since it is so full of carbs I have to literally watch it from the bleachers and remember the days and nights we had together. I am no longer able to have or be in a relationship with bread. It does make me tear up a bit when I go into a restaurant and smell it, and to be honest, I do avoid that particular aisle at the stores too; it's just too hard on me. I can't take it. I break down inside and I can't lose it in public like that, it would be too embarrassing for both of us. I had to let bread go. (and get this, I'm not kidding, the bread didn't even lose sleep over me.)

Drink? Oh, that's easy; coffee. I like my coffee like I like my men. You've heard people say that, right? It's so true. I will say I like my coffee very very strong. I like it hot, robust, full-bodied, and ready to stand up and fight. You put a beard and kilt on a dark roast and I will thank you to close the door behind you while you leave the two of us completely alone to my imagination. Coffee and I have been very close for my entire life -- even as a toddler I was captive. Though I am one of great discipline these days and only visit my good friend in the morning, Coffee and I will never be separated. We know where the other lives and breathes, and what it takes to bring us both to life. These days I'm drinking Black Rifle Coffee's Murder Out or Just Black blends. (I like the commercials with the big, bearded, brawny, beautiful brutes - - ah, alliteration!)

Color? We've gone over this, but perhaps it's not a bad idea to touch on it just a wee bit today. My absolute favorite base color in the world is brown.  If I am (and I am) to be specific, I would say that Hershey's Milk Chocolate brown is my favorite favorite color -- not the color of the wrapper, but the actual candy. There is something to be said about a person who is so earthy that her preferences for root colors are so close to the surface.  Could it be that I am honest, trustworthy, blunt, forward, in control of myself, and mysteriously silent in my pursuit of life? Could be. 

Position?  Did you really think I would write about that in my blog? Well, friend, you don't know me that well do you? No, but catch me on Pyrate Nite and you'll read about it in some of the sexually driven erotic poetry that the ladies and myself write to make each other laugh! Whether or not either of us tells the truth about our adventures or experiences is not what Pyrate Nite is all about -- it's the writing. My friends and I will gather for girls' night, a time we can dance, swing on the pole, write endless trashy love stories with impossible endings, and we can drink ourselves crazy with as much green tea or straight pineapple juice! We're so bad!  It's all about what we can birth from our imaginations; it is the challenge to one-up the other and be crowned Pyrate of the Nite! You must know that no men are allowed into our snare on these nights, no, it would be far too dangerous for them to trespass - - my favorite position, by this description, would have to be "smiling and with a pen in my hand."

Place?  Without a doubt, inside my mind is the best place in the world to be! I would rather close myself up and be alone for a great while than work and earn money. I would rather dream than to breathe at times. I would rather make-believe, create, conjure, allure, discover, and invent than do just about anything else -- unfortunately for me, I have to pay my bills like the rest of the world.  When there is a bit of time,  when there is but a vapor of a moment, I will capture visions in my brain to be reiterated on paper at another time -- a writer must write. A singer must sing. A teacher must teach.  We are who and what we are. 

When I'm lonely, out of sorts, or just plain bored - - I grab a pen, a keyboard, a dog, and I write. I surround myself with conscious mindful thoughts that will be travailed soon enough. My favorite things are specific and I am not -- I love much. I appreciate most things. I am grateful for all.







No comments: