Saturday, December 16, 2023

OOPS - - It Happens.

 I was today years old when I discovered the Monkey Face orchid, and if you haven't discovered it, go do that. It's amazing. There are many colors, shapes, and sizes, but to be 100% honest, I really never ever knew they existed. It makes me think that we're going to experience so much more than we ever thought we would when we get to Heaven, and that may be sooner than we know.

    Today is December 16, 2023, and we're so close to the Rapture of the Church it's really just a matter of time; which of course, it's always been just a matter of time, hasn't it? The Bible is really clear about it; people will scoff and talk poorly about and to Christians (even other Christians) and they'll say "Where is the promise of His return?" That's not the same as saying "Where is He? He said He would return." These people in the end will be asking where is the PROMISE? They don't trust or believe - - and that only means one thing; they will miss out. You have to believe before you go!

    Anyway, that's not what this blog is really about. It's about not realizing something, making mistakes, screwing up either intentionally or unintentionally, and having others really "lose it" or come unglued because of it. We all make mistakes. There's not one of us who doesn't, so why is it when someone else makes a mistake that affects us, that we go nuts over it? I almost did that today. I mean, I left a poor Yelp review, and I did call the manager to get the situation rectified, but no one needs to lose their job over a mistake; they need to be retrained. 

    I paid for a chicken dinner today. It comes with four pieces of crispy fried chicken tenders, fries, a cookie, a roll, sauces, and tea. I got home, the chicken was missing - - from the chicken dinner. It was everything but the chicken dinner at that point. I wasn't about to drive three miles to get the chicken, so I called the manager and let him know. He put my name down on a list to come back and pick up another meal on the house at another time. Makes me think though; why is there a list? How often does it happen?

    I called another store in the same chain of restaurants to ask. They have an average of one out of 250-260 customers who don't get their meals at that particular restaurant; that's a bit excessive. That means every day someone isn't getting what they paid for, and if someone calls back to say they don't have their food, I wonder how many ACTUALLY aren't getting it; I bet it's closer to 1%, or 1 out of 100.

    If you multiply that by how many restaurants there are, that's seriously too many people not getting what they paid for. If it's happening at food places, it's happening at other places as well. If you order your groceries online, I bet it happens. If you order multiple things for the office, your home, or whatever, I bet it happens. We don't need to fire people, we need to train people. Not only that, and here's my real rant; we need to pay people a good wage so that they want to work. We haven't done that in forever, and we have people these days who are NOWHERE NEAR as apt to want to go to work as we were when we were kids.  (Yes, I went there.)

    This generation as well as the last generation, have been so very lax when it comes to showing up on time, staying, looking at their phones, or even paying attention to their employers, it's just amazing that we have any sort of customer service whatsoever. I'm working a customer service job now and one of the modules we have talks about active listening. We called that "listening" because it's sort of a no-brainer that if you're actually listening, then you should be actively listening. So many of the kids (listen to me, I sound old.) don't want to be at work, they skate by and pass things off, so they don't actually have to work. Not all of them; of course, no, but enough so that we have lists to write people's names down to come back and pick up the meal that wasn't placed in the bag!

    Well, there we are - - here we are. Too many parents forget to "Train up the child in the way he/she should go..." so that "when he/she is older, they will return to it."  It's not just about believing in Jesus, but it's also about being the right type of person; the best you can be. Growing up we didn't have all the stimulants there are today; but then again, we didn't have the depression and anxiety or stress that I see today either. We talked. We didn't fight, scream, blame, punch, or retaliate if someone screwed up, we talked. We forgave because we all know, we mess up too. It happens.


Photo Credit: Etsy


    

No comments: