Sunday, December 3, 2023

Bay Sorrel Ranch (78% done) YEA!!

     So much happened today!! I think I wrote somewhere between 9000-10,000 words and that's a lot really. Most chapters have 2200-2300 words, but two of my three chapters today had nearly 4000 words each. I just kept writing. I loved it. I had a rodeo, an accident, an idiot, and a sweet new romance started. It has games and playing, and a new little dog!! YEA...the dog!!  He's a little Border Collie, and he's already getting himself into too much mischief. 

    The book is 78% done, if I'm going by the standard 86000 words that I shoot for. I sat myself down again and had to go over the last few chapters. I'm on #26 now. I'll have about 30-31 probably, but it could be 32. I can see this one striking out another chapter to get the full story told.  Just when I think I'm done, I go back to put the quotes in italics and then add another paragraph here and there. That's really what I am going to do next week when the entire book has been written in the first draft.

    So, after say another 5 chapters I'll go back over the whole thing for mistakes, misspellings, grammar issues, and more. I'll put in new adjectives, more explanations, and deeper meanings. Sometimes I just throw out a concept, but go back and flesh it out in the end. I call it fluffing and stuffing. I'm digging around the paragraphs looking for words I can add, or little phrases to make it sound pretty or interesting, or maybe both.

    I'm not really making it about any certain year, but a modern year, a recent year. It could be 2023, but I'm not saying it is. It goes into the next year, so it could be 2022, and then goes into 2023. It's just not ever said. It doesn't need to be pinned down to any particular event. I think I mentioned the Pandemic or lockdown, but I don't say how long ago it was; just that it was.  People are traveling, going about, and doing what they want to do. 

    Jule and Steve are married, and no, I didn't make a big thing out of the wedding. She'll describe it in a letter to her mom, through writing in her diary later, but it's not something the characters participated in other than to know that she did have a nice pretty, and expensive new dress, and Steve, at her request, wore a kilt. His father's side of the family was mostly German, but his mother was a Moore, which is a Scottish name, and he was more than willing to let her have her fantasy. He knew he would be participating in them anyway.

    I may need to bring in MCT coconut oil and its benefits tomorrow when I write. I have another week before I go to work and have to put my writing on hold until after 5 p.m. That will certainly slow me down some, but I think I can still write out a book every other month, so I expect to write six books in 2024, just like I did in 2023. I didn't write all the time this year, but if I'm only doing it at night and on weekends, I'll crank out what I can. This one is a drama, it has nothing to do with the Highland romances or the murder thrillers, but it's been fun to write. I've enjoyed myself. 



Photo Credit: Pinterest.com


No comments: