Thursday, November 30, 2023

Bay Sorrel Ranch (56% Done) More than Half Way Through.

     It is at this point in every book I write, that I realize I'm on the other side of the woods, and rather than running into it, I'm running out of it. I have only 46% more of the story to tell. I'm more than halfway through it.  I have the meat to go. I'm about to start it. I've introduced the main characters, and I've added a conflict or two. I've brought some light to a few matters, and developed a few characters, and now there needs to be a telling of tales; something to wrap the book around.

    The murder in the book is solid. It happened, but his isn't a murder book. This isn't a mystery, a whodunit or anything like that. I'll flat name the killer later in the book, and all the others can talk about it, give their opinions, and discuss their thoughts openly about it as if they had reason to do so. The book is about a group of individuals who come together and have something in common. 

    Each person at the barn has a reason to be there. Much like if you're driving down any particular road there are others also traveling down it; be it in cars, trucks, buses, bikes, maybe some are walking. Each person has a reason to be there, and each person has a story as to why they are there. Some of those reasons or stories could be interesting, but many are not. It's just the way it is. Nothing is exciting all the time.

    So the author herself and her new engaged boyfriend lover and bestie are in Edinburgh for the launch of her 7th Highland Romance book during this part of the book. They enjoy themselves in Auld Reekie, and even take in a concert of a particular Christian music artist. He tells his testimony, sings and explains life, and the pair are more than happy to download a few of his songs when they return home to Oklahoma.  Jule, the author and owner of the barn will make dinner soon, again, winning the heart of her lover, and she'll contemplate spending a week or two up in the Tulsa area soon to help her other daughter out when she undergoes an emergency surgery. 

    Not everything in the book is about the barn. The barn is the place where they gather, it's a place where they hub. The stories coming out of the barn are reflective of what can happen or take place at a boarding facility, but it's not the end all, and can't be. Life is too complicated for that to happen. I hope you'll enjoy reading the book. I'm having a great time writing it. I'm steering off a bit from what I first thought it would be, but I didn't want to become too bored with the whole mean girl thing; there's more to life than dealing with bullies. At least I think so.

Photo Credit: Unknown (Princes Street, Edinburgh, Scotland)

    

No comments: