Monday, November 13, 2023

Dodged That Bullet!! Thank you, Jesus.

     A very very former friend decided to hurt me. She picked up the phone and called my would-be employer to say I lied on my application. She even lied about what she said I lied about; this is the thing that really gets me. The company didn't call me to ask about it, they called me to rescind the job offer. They never once asked if what she said was true. They didn't let on that she was a she or that she had called, but once I pressed the issue that I had a legal right to defend or explain, they did tell me it was an anonymous call and that the person stated we had been friends "at one time". What she failed to say was that less than one hour beforehand, I had told her we couldn't be friends because of her unethical and negative mannerisms. I blocked her on Facebook and BAM...I lost my job!

    The thing is, I didn't really lose my job. I was going to call that company (place) the next day to withdraw my application because I've accepted another position. The former friend didn't "win" or "hurt" me the way she had intended. The thing I got out of it was that the company would rather listen to a deceiver rather than take a moment to ask me if (a) it was true, and/or (b) if I could either defend the statement or explain it. No, they just chose to take her word; the word of a disgruntled ex-friend who has a long long history of sabotaging herself and everyone (and everything) around her. (That's not me being mean either, I've gone way way way out of my way for twenty-five years to pull her out of her own muck. I just decided to stop doing so.)

    I thought about it, and she may have actually done me a great favor when you (I) think about it. If the company, agency, department, place, recruiter, or hiring manager would be apt to take a call, an anonymous call, and then trust or believe what some random person said about a candidate who had not only been vetted but offered a position, well then what does that say about them? They either didn't do their job when they vetted if the caller was telling the truth, or they have about as much character and integrity as she does! I don't need that. Thank you, Jesus, that I don't have to put up with either of them now. I really should take a minute and thank her, but I won't. I'm never going to communicate with her again.

    It would be so different for me if the woman in question had been a non-believer, a non-Christian, but she claims to have accepted Christ. Certainly, her actions over the past two decades don't exactly show that love, but she claims it, I can't judge her. Her life fruit seems as sour as an unripe Granny Smith, but at the same time, I can't say she is or isn't sealed by the Spirit. If she is, I would ask that the Spirit reach her and teach her the true way(s) to treat others; she's been alienating people for literally decades. For this stunt to be her first would be very unlikely. I can only imagine that over the past several years she has pulled it either on me, to harm me, or to harm others she deems undeserving. 

    Here's the kicker - - and it is worthy of note. She took the interview for the same job. They offered it to her. She turned it down. I interviewed for it, and they offered it to me, I accepted. She then felt that she was wronged I guess, I don't know, she acted as if she was OK with me taking the position. I lost it, but she didn't know I was planning to withdraw. I doubt, and I mean doubt big time, that they would have extended the offer to her again. If they do, I wish her the best. I'm not going to call them up and say anything bad about her; why would I put myself on her lower-than-scum-water level? Nope, I'll just never know, and I don't care to know. I have this thing about moving forward - - I do it.

    So, there you have it. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer - - they are the ones stabbing you in the back. The loser here would be her. She lost one of the most faithful, loving, kind, sweet-natured, and giving souls to ever walk the face of the Earth. The times I defended her and picked her up after yet another of her breakdowns or pity parties seems endless to me. I never have to do that again. I never have to think about her again - - that's the beauty of her betrayal, it was crystal clear to me that she didn't need to be a part of my light.


Photo Credit: Asktheheadhunter.com


No comments: