Sunday, May 2, 2021

New Page, New Chapter, New Book, New Library.

 In time, perhaps in the next few months even, I will be going through a great deal of changes not only in my personal life, but in my spiritual life as well.  I am at a point, a dividing point, some would call it a fork in the road, but I don't see it as a place to make decisions other than to follow the direction God is leading me.  I asked Him to show me the way, and then I asked Him to open (literally) every door that positions itself in front of me.  I am openly, decidedly, voluntarily, and purposely, following God's will in my life, and in doing so, I will have the glorious benefit of reaping every blessing He decides to shower on me, which will (according to Psalms 37:4) include the desires of my heart.  EVERY LAST ONE of them.

I've written the first Jude's Almost Daily Blog Book, and it's in the print and publishing process now.  I'm writing the 2nd book, as well as rewriting 2 books I wrote in the past, so that I can submit them through the same publisher as I am with now.  Soon, perhaps in six months or so, I should have four books with this particular publisher, and I'll be writing children's books; a series really, and a sleazy greasy old-time detective novel as well. By sleazy I don't mean highly sexed, it will be lower grade writing than what I'm accustomed to writing, so that I can give my brain an exercise in stretching its own muscles. I'll intentionally misspell words, use poor grammar (God help me) and possibly even allow the character to plagiarize.  You have no idea what affect that will have on my soul -- I may not survive it. I personally will not be plagiarizing, but I will allow the character to do so, probably just before he goes to confession or dies!

There will be changes, challenges, maybe even a little mayhem with all the differences I'm about to encounter, but my God is huge. He will see me through it, and He will provide every thing and everything I need to both survive and thrive.  I haven't attended a church in years, choosing to be a part of the online services of The Superior Word in Sarasota, Florida with Pastor Charlie Garrett, and Calvary Chapel Kaneohe with J.D. Farag in Hawaii.  I will become a member of a local Baptist church probably in or near Stirling, Scotland, so that I can be an active volunteer for Bethany Christian Trust at least once a week, maybe more often. BCT requests that a person who is volunteering with them be an active member of a local church; so I guess I'll become a member of a local church so I can check off that box and be in compliance with their requirements.

I'm leaving my family here in the States. I'm leaving my friends as well, and for a while, I'll even leave my dog, but I can bring her after she's been properly vetted.  Maybe I can have my best friends vetted and bring them over as well -- it's a thought.  I don't feel badly or even apprehensive about leaving my family because I know how to reach them, we talk all the time online, and they're only a call or Facetime away -- the internet has at least done that for all of us.  It has and does allow me to change the colors of my palette. I am about to change the words, the meaning, the connotations and the very core of my existence; a new page in life, but also a new chapter. In fact, I will be rewriting the entire book and placing it in an entirely new library; a Scottish one. I'm not worried about it, or even nervous, I'm just counting the days and making the plans so that it all goes the way it should - - but then again, I'm also just watching as God opens those doors and allows me, even invites me, to walk through them.

Changes are not bad. Challenges are not dreaded. Service is everything. It didn't really take this long to figure it all out, but it did take this long for the plan to be unveiled. The pretty package is about to be unwrapped and put to good use.  Thank you, Jesus. 



No comments: