Monday, May 24, 2021

EVERY Door. EVERY time.

 When God decides to do something He does it. He doesn't ask our permission, in fact, we're the blessed ones for being included in His plans; remember that.  He gave us a few clues to figure out what we can do in order to be included in those plans.  We are not alone in our journey to do whatever He deems for us, we are packed up and pushed together with every last person on the Earth who has ever been, who is now, and who will ever be. See, God doesn't just include the few, He has a purpose for every last one of us. We may or may not figure it out; but you can know that you are here for a reason! Maybe it's time to ask yourself and ask God, what it is that you were made for (specifically) and why it is that you just can't seem to make it all happen on your own.  The answer is really simple when you think about it; you really aren't that cool.  Let go. Let God. 

        Psalms 37:4 was written a long long time ago, way before I was born, but it remains the one verse and promise that I cling to every day of my life. Whenever I want anything for myself all I need to do (believe me it took years to figure this one out for myself) is go into the bedroom closet where I pray, let God know what I want (Spoiler: He already knew), and I figure out what I can do for Him so that I'll be delighting myself in God so that He can and will fulfill His end of the deal.  Psalms 37:4 is a promise. It's not just a little sing-songy thing that David put together to thump a harp to, no, it's a bona fide promise from Almighty God.  If I delight myself in God, He (no one else) will give me the desires of my heart. I take that to mean every last desire. I take that to mean every last thing I could ever want. I take that to mean anything and everything that I desire - - and I add the caveat that God would have me ask for things that would also be a blessing and found pleasing to Him. I'm not stupid.

        Let me give you a quick example of what I'm talking about to show you the power of prayer.  I went to the closet maybe a couple of days ago. I told God I was super excited about my book Jude's Almost Daily Blog Book coming out, and I was super excited that I had already started on the 2nd book, a series follow up, Jude's Almost Daily Blog Book, Twice Over.  I explained to God that I have had this murder series on my mind for years and I wanted to get it started. I wasn't sure what it would cost, but thought it would be awesome if the first one could come out around my birthday in November. This is May, so you know, in about 6 months or so.  I told Him I needed help getting the funding, but I promised to be present in my writing, and not to be carried away with the intimate or more erotic details. I think hint and innuendo is so much more sexy anyway - - leaves more to think about. Well, this morning I was walking the dog when the postman told me I had a letter to sign for. OK. 

        The letter was not just any letter - - no, it was a settlement check, and an explanation of what it was leading me to understand that six years ago I had signed a petition asking the state of California to look into the business practices of a certain California based company that did credit restorations. To be honest, I never thought anything really bad about the company, but they did seem to be taking my money and not giving me the best results, so I stopped using them. End of story; so I thought.  Today the story ended with a sweet little settlement check that guess what -- is EXACTLY the same amount of money that I needed to pay for the publishing of the new murder book! I'm not kidding. I think I may have to pay out $49 for registration with the Library of Congress, but hey, I'm OK with that. WOW...this is just amazing. 

        I knew this week would be the week I started the bones of the book, laying it out, and feeling around inside the gutsy areas to flesh out the killer, the would be victims, the actual victims, the hero, the fluff, the noise, all the smells, and of course, I have to add a bearded man with an axe to grind; but am I speaking figuratively or literally about that axe? You'll have to read the book - - the answer is "Yes".  I knew I would be writing the bones, but I had no idea I would be able to pay for it now and just relax and not worry about having to pay for it after I wrote it. I have three solid books I've written in the past that are waiting to be published, but I never really had the money to put it publication before. I may glean from each or some of them for the new book - - I may steal ideas from myself. It could happen. 

        I am just so happy that doors and windows are seemingly flying open right now for me to get my books out there, get them marketed, get them into the reader's hands and get myself over to Scotland, where I intend to be that curmudgeonly old American Ex pat sitting around in a dank coffee house ordering my third cup while watching seagulls wave. It's a plan. You may not like it, but I like my plan! (The only thing I need to do now is figure out who it is I'm going to kill - - just for grins I may send a skeptical (albeit sweet) guitarist over a semi-steep slope on top of Arthur's Seat in Holy Rood park in Edinburgh -- it may or may not have anything do with the plot. It may just be for the hell of it. He may break his right hand thumbnail. His guitar will be fine, she didn't piss me off.) I can do that. I have a keyboard.

Thank you, Jesus. 

Photo credit: Unknown

No comments: