Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Neurotic Much?

 Yeah, OK, every one of us has a bit of a neuro issue and we can't lie and say it isn't true. I'll start, and you can write to let me know what your particular phobia(s) may be. I don't like short doors, they scare me. You know what I'm talking about, you go into a house and all the doors are normal, basic and average in size and height, and for no damn good reason whatsoever, the builder adds a little tiny door in the hallway or under the stairs, and it just creeps me out for some reason. I start thinking of all the things that could possibly live in that space just behind the door - - monsters aren't even sure what to do with it; they avoid them too! I think of the Borrowers maybe, I don't know. I'm not even afraid of Hobbits. I like Hobbits. I just don't like seeing a creepy little short door in an otherwise perfectly good house.

       I've already told you about the tiny door thing, but I haven't told you about my experience with glass elevators. Most of us have the same thoughts and feelings about glass elevators so it makes you wonder about the real freaks who decided that even though more than 87.8% of the people in the world get anxious and nervous inside of these fragile glassy sharp potentially impaling contraptions, they made them and then fancy schmancy hotels buy into them as if they're a form of entertainment. "Let's see how many of our paying guests freak out before reaching their floor!" If it were up to me, and it never is, we'd all take the stairs. Cables break and buildings should be shorter; there, that's my rant for the day. 

        Another thing that really trips my trigger when it comes to freaking out for no good reason whatsoever, would be watching surgeries being performed on medical shows like New Amsterdam, Chicago Med, or something similar. I could take M*A*S*H, it wasn't that bad but these newer more realistic shows are far too detailed and accurate to be anything shy of cringe-worthy. I watch half of the show behind my hands peering every now and then; or even when the firefighters of Chicago Fire are about to pull an impaled guy off of a fence post - - NOPE, can't do it. I can write about it, I can get in there and describe the gritty gnarly details using every adjective I can imagine and look up in the Thesaurus, but I can't watch it. I can't see it, I can't view it.

     Imagination is an entirely different thing! It's sort of like when I'm actually in the room with a naked man, but I start to giggle almost immediately because I just really think that God may have made one silly tiny (OK, two, they come in pairs) error when designing men, I don't know, but I do laugh - - almost every time I'm with one (a naked man). It could be the reason I'm divorced; if you think about it, but it could be a contributory factor.  Naked Bearded Man has never been offended with my giggles; he understands me - - he even put a bow on them once to make me feel better. (I still laughed but so did he and I got over it.) With NBM I don't really focus on THAT part of him anyway; I'm always too busy trying to figure out what he's saying. He only speaks Scots Gaelic, so the issue doesn't come up as often - - so to speak. Believe me when I say I'm so out of touch on that one; wait, did I just say that? Yeah, I did.

        OK your turn. Think of something really not all that bad that you just can't find settling. You get the shivers when it happens; maybe you see it and just walk the other way.  I don't have a clue one as to why we have phobias about something when others find it perfectly normal and acceptable, but we do. It's just our make up, maybe it's environmental, maybe it stems from a negative experience we had, whatever it is, tell me in the comments what you find creepy - - I need a better word, I'm going to the Thesaurus right now.  OK, what do you find to be ghoulish, eerie, direful, edgy, gruesome or baneful? Oh my, baneful. I like that...that's not creepy at all -- that's really nice.  Baneful. I can write an entire book around that word; it could involve murder, mayhem, and even marshmallows. Baneful. Yes. Good choice.

J.Kepper


No comments: