Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Have Found My Halloween Lawn Sculpture!


OMG - this is hilarious! (Not my picture, but mine will be uploaded soon)

This is the funniest thing I have seen in Halloween lawn decor since the first time I saw the smashed witch hitting the tree! I mean 10 years later the plastic smashed witch isn't anywhere near as funny as the originals were. This is a great idea and YES I'm so doing it. I should still be living in Oklahoma around Halloween - I can do this. I'll even dress my little pumpkin head in a Sooner Sweatshirt! I know, I know, I'm a bumpkin. Get over it.

We didn't have a lawn worth decorating for a while, and we don't really have one now - it belongs to the commons, but I am pretty sure we can have this guy up and running without much of a hitch. Sharon, Miguel, Lorenzo and I will at least get the biggest laugh out of it even if it only stays up a few nights before someone (jealous) tears him down. I'm sure he'll even win the best of the city sculptures if I can get him seen fast enough - - around Halloween there's a bit of competition for the best lawn scene and we Okies aren't about to lose our old Boomer Sooner tradition of out doing the next guy - especially if the next guy is wearing OSU (Oklahoma State) colors, which happen to be orange and black!

I'm just saying I may be the biggest hick for admitting that I'm going to do this, but I'm so going to do this - to the best of my abilities...that or let Caity pull her pants down after I black out her front teeth, and make her wear a straw hat.

One or the other!

No comments: