Friday, September 21, 2007

Wikipedia QUEENS

I have been falling out of my chair laughing at the QUEENS of Wikipedia who have been arguing with who they assume is me (someone using my user name I suppose) over whether or not to leave a small linked article on their site at www.wikipedia.com and I suppose again, that you would to use the search locator to type in my name to see the article in question. The fact is, I was a teacher in the hood. Someone, one of my students probably is literally arguing with the administrators of Wikipedia as to their rules and regulations of adding links and/or notable characters on Wikipedia. Whatever.

My dog Faith is listed on Wikipedia, and I was listed as a link. No more. Just a link. I suppose because someone I love or taught felt it necessary to add me. Thank you to whomever you are - I may be able to guess from the language used online. I hope my babies don't actually offend. I did take the time to look up what the Wiki people are saying, there seems to be a genuine concern on their part to try and keep those mentioned in articles true and honest, but for any one of the administrators to think that they have a right to claim who is notable and who is not is sheer arrogance. That would be like me saying that this artist isn't an artist at all because I don't like rap music, or I don't like skateboarding, so this guy can't be creative with his board - it's all up to me! Wow, I'm glad I didn't have to choose which of these administrators was talented enough to be an administrator. I don't think (maybe I'm wrong) that Wikipedia is a for-profit organization. From what I can tell it's just a cool factual place to go to see what is and what isn't regarding any one topic.

The fact that I was contacted four years ago when Faith became popular is awesome. We have enjoyed her stay on Wikipedia, but to be honest it doesn't make or break her abilities to be presented in public, or to be beneficial to anyone. She does that on her own, or rather with God's help. So, I guess I'm flattered that my students would go to bat for me certainly. I have always had their backs - but to fight for this position is almost moot - I know who I am. I don't need Wikipedia to validate my existance, my skills, training, career, or my success - I'll leave that up to the experts: People who have loved me. Thank you, each and every one of you. Now, go read something or you'll owe me 5 pages on Shakespeare by Monday! (Double-spaced, Helvetica 12 pt. with 3 references and at least 16 nouns per paragraph.)

To Carlos of Wikipedia: Maybe someday you'll be notable enough to be deleted from Wikipedia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're a fucking retard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tyler_Warren is me btw

But anyways, you're a retard and a wikivandal, smarten the fuck up faggot.

jstringfellow said...

Your language defines you. I choose not to be angry with you, but I hope you find peace.