Friday, June 21, 2024

Probably Gonna Do it !! (Gonna Move to a House!)

 A house has come up for lease and Laura and I have already put our deposit down for it, and we've filled out the application. Since it belongs to the apartment complex we currently live in, and have lived in for almost 9 years, it should be a shoo-in that we get it. I won't hold my breath, but I think I could actually hold my breath. I think we'll get it. I'm hoping so, and I'm praying so.

This morning, when I heard about the house being available, I practically met my landlord at the office before she could set her coffee down! I had already texted her and told her I was going to give her the deposit today and fill out the papers. She agreed to let me see it - - it's being moved out of, and the lady who is moving out is just such a wonderful lady!!  So kind.

    Laura and I walked the house today and were just really surprised at how new and bright it looks. The outside is older stone and mortar, but the trim is really pretty. The windows are all nice. It has two separate porches, one on the side, and one on the front. There is no garage, but a built-in carport, not one that sticks out like an awning. The backyard has a locked gate on both sides. Because it is next door to the apartment complex, many tenants used to walk through the backyard, but thankfully that's been shut off from public use.

    There are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living, and dining room, a good hall, and deep closets. there, in the carport area, there is a storage room that is 16x16 and Laura will keep her office in it. We'll get a fireproof door for it, It's heated and cooled, so she'll be fine. The washer, dryer, and extra refrigerator are in that room. We'll store the water in that room, but that's where Laura will office, play, dance, sing, workout, and basically live.

    My side of the house has two bedrooms that are about 12x12 and both bathrooms. Laura can claim the one with the bathtub, and I'll take the one with the shower. The hallway has another closet for linens and towels, and the entire house has hardwood flooring...so nice.  The ceilings are 9' or even 10' in some spaces. TRULY love the space. TRULY hope it goes through and goes well. I paid the deposit, and hopefully around July 20th or so we can start the move. I'm off the 19th, so maybe that weekend.

    Let's just say, this is a God thing. It really is, and I really hope we get it. The rent is cheaper than if Laura and I lived separately, and we get more rooms, more closets, a washer, a dryer, a garbage disposal, a driveway, a carport, and a backyard.  We're over the top happy about it. There are a few really cool things that I'll go ahead and talk about it - - I really do think it will happen, so I'll say it is!

    The living room is smaller, but we don't use ours now. I have a chair I sit in to write, but I don't watch TV. I'll end up buying a nice chair and a nice couch, and we'll set up the TV in that room just in case we do decide to watch it - - but the really cool thing is the dining room! It is a big, fat, open, airy, dining room that my dining table and 4 chairs will look wonderful in; and I will keep it so seasonally decorated!! YES, I will!!  The front and side porches will be seasonally decorated as well. 

    We'll move in the first of August, or the last of July, but come Autumn...that house will be poppin' with color and really cute -- cuteness! Laura can keep her room as messy as she wants to, but I'll let her use my office closet if she needs one to store her stuff in. We have an attic too, so it could be that she just pops her leftover things into buckets and stuffs it up that way - - I'll just have to remind her from time to time where it is.

    Ginger and Rose will LOVE the backyard. It's going to be so wonderful - - and get this, because it is part of the complex, the maintenance is FREE!! The bills are about the same as they are in my apartment now, as they are now. The electricity runs about $150, the gas about $75, and the water about $60.  I only pay electricity where I am now, but Laura and I would be paying $1350 a month if we had two separate places, and mine would only be a one bed - - this is too too too much better.  I'm very excited and hope we can do it. 

    The lady that lives there was saying that the light from outside the window may be too bright at night, but that's OK, we have that now too - - and we have neighbors, stairs, bad carpet, old cabinets, and people who can't remember to keep the doors locked (main door to the building). We won't have that there. It's a detached house! It has a backyard to throw the dogs into, and with the extra refrigerator that I'm storing in Laura's cave, we'll have plenty of cold drinks (water) for the summer!!

    The paint on the walls are great colors - I won't change them. The blinds will be changed later, but not now. They are new, just plastic...I want the wooden blinds. I will buy a few rugs to put under the furniture so the dogs and cats don't slip, but let me just say - - it will be so very wonderful to have a carport for the car during storms and a really good interior closet for tornadoes! It is really an amazing house...the address is not that exciting, and no, I won't give it out, but it's not as cool as the house  -- we'll just say that. 

    I'll find out Monday or Tuesday if she is going to allow us to move there, but she accepted my deposit, so if she puts it through I'm pretty sure it's ours!  I'm not posting photos of the outside, but I'll post the inside soon.


Photo Credit:  Craiyon.com (not actually the house I'm moving to....LOL) 


No comments: