Thursday, March 7, 2024

Update on my Life. (This is Cool)

 When I say this is cool, I mean this is really something. I'm not usually this excited about stuff related to work, especially if it means I'm working for someone else. This, however, is really cool. I'm going to try and really get behind this next adventure, and when it happens, I'm going to truly love it.

    So, on the third day of my employment, my boss's boss asked me to join a Teams meeting, and we (a couple of others and I) joined and listened to him go on about a few things that were really important and informative. Somewhere in the middle of his second wind, he said, "Hey Jude, I heard a rumor about you, and you can tell me if it's true or not." This sort of thing usually makes me smile. It usually means someone found out I'm an author or that I owned Faith - - that sort of thing.

    The question on my 2nd level boss' mind had nothing to do with that; he wanted to know if I was involved with the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and if I had been certified. I was floored! What a question! No, as a matter of fact, gaining my Lean Six Sigma certification is something I thought about a few years back, but I hadn't actually done it. I'm hoping to find out more about it now, and it looks like my boss and his boss are going to put me through the courses and give me the opportunity to become certified as a black belt. Woot!

    The Lean Six Sigma philosophy, in a nutshell, is to work in two distinct manners to bring about better results. The first manner is to reduce error, and the second is to expedite the process of your project or model. You fix it, and you streamline it. It fits in perfectly with my love for solving issues in order to make things work better, feel better, be better, etc. I see a potato and I want to know what I can do with it to make it the best thing possible. Can it be improved on, and if so, how? That's how my mind works. 

    I've decided to do a couple of things this spring. I'm going to take the courses I need to know and become certified in Xactimate as well as become a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. That should take up most of my spare time, don't you think? I'll put my next couple of books on hold. It's OK; I'm not in any rush to complete them. I have several to promote now. With my new job, the next level of involvement with the books should be promotion. I earn enough now I can do that.

    Becoming a Lean Six Sigma may help in the future in terms of bringing about a better salary, but the thing is, I'm more about the education, the knowledge, the training, and the work. I like the challenge and the process.   When I think of Lean Six Sigma, I think of Bloom's Taxonomy. It's about the same thing, really, but just another way to prove your evidence. Look them up. They have similar features. If I could make money being a student, I'd do that. I'm never bored. I can honestly say that, and not a lot of folks can. I don't want the moss to grow; I'd rather find out how to repurpose it.

    


Photo Credit: Triaster.com

No comments: