Tuesday, September 19, 2023

PINBALL (Chapter 5) Disorders

     Pinball is a psychosis-type killer thriller. There will be murder, there will be innuendo, there will be chase, and there will be loss of apprehension. Someone gets away with it; others do not. There will be times when the book explains mental illness and I have to tell the audience in a disclaimer that I am NOT a medical doctor. All of the information I'm writing about is gained and gathered from the internet. I will not blame anyone for any mishaps that may happen in terms of me not getting it 100% correct. It's a novel, folks. It's not meant to be taken as reality. You'd be surprised how often an author of fiction has to remind people of that fact.

    Chapter 5 already. Geez. I just got started. The first four chapters were literally catching people up who may not have read "Murder Book", as "Pinball" is the sequel. There will be more, and no doubt probably a lot more. I think I've got 9 planned so far in my head, but this is just Tuesday. I'm sure that will change by Friday. I'll be writing Nick Posh books for a while. I'm going to write other books in between them too. I have the "Of Kilted" sequels to write. There are two more books in that series. I seem to have started a romance series as well, which is interesting because the characters in one do not necessarily interact with the characters in the others. This is another series altogether. The first in that series is "Edinburgh".  

    I may have to write "Tulsa" and "Indy", maybe even "Spokane".  I love me some Spokane, Washington!!  Who knows, I may just end up liking all this romance writing, but I think I like the murder books best. I like studying about the ins and outs of murder, crime, the reasoning, and if you can get to it; the motive. People who kill are just flat-crazy; I admit that. There is still some sort of reason and with reason comes motive. They are not always the same.  The reason one may kill is insanity, but the motive is jealousy or envy. (in some cases, not all)

    Chapter 5 of my current book will see John Reid discussing his own mental dilemma with himself. He is also Walter Sanders. John Reid is a go-to name, not the one he was born with, but the one he gave to the other man living inside his brain. The thing is, John Reid won't even acknowledge Walter, but it's Walter who created Reid and allows him to live inside the same body and brain as himself. See the problem? Well, Sanders sees it, but Reid refuses to see it; and Sanders may decide to kill Reid to prove his point, but that won't happen until much later in the book - - oops...spoiler. (or is it?)

    I'll discuss what the doctors were doing to and with mental patients in 1930 both in the UK and the United States. I'll discuss the differences between hallucinations and daydreaming because there is a difference. I'll go over the nuances of delusional disorders which are not accompanied by hallucinations or thought disorders; Reid may have delusional disorders, but Walter certainly has a psychosis disorder which will need to be managed if they can catch him. He's killed before both as Reid and as Sanders. Do they need to hang the man twice? It is discussed.

    In 1930 the very idea of ridding someone of these problems was in the infancy stages, but there were dramatic and drastic steps being taken in the name of medicine that were shocking; literally. This too, will be discussed. The book is about two very separate and individual men, both with disorders, both with manic depression, and both with killer instincts, but they are not the same man - - one has a personality disorder where he knows another person's psyche lives within his head and the other man knows he is alone in his actions.  His diagnosis is more aligned with narcissistic behavior and grandiose delusional disorder in that he truly believes he is untouchable. Their worlds collide in the book.

    There will be fireworks. I can promise that.



No comments: