Monday, September 11, 2023

I Am On The VERGE of TikTok!

     I am one of the LAST people I know who are on TikTok, and I'm not technically really on it yet, but I will be. I guess, since I have uploaded one video to my account, I am actually ON it, but I don't consider myself on it yet. I'll be on it when I learn how to do it correctly. I'm a little behind times; just...you know, a little.

    So, I had a very famous dog, and my daughter decided to give Faith a TikTok account by using my email address. Turns out, I have decided to use TikTok to promote my books, and I guess that means I need my own account. I don't want to do my book promotions under my dog's account. They are mutually exclusive. I do have a book that I wrote about my dog, and I'll certainly promote it on both the dog account and my book account, but there are other books I want to promote that have NOTHING to do with Faith. 

    Anyway, I'm new, and you'll certainly be able to tell that I'm new once the videos go up on the thing, but for now I'm just learning how to do it. I need to be cool, fun, and all that. I don't want to look too ignorant. I mean, a little ignorant is OK, but I don't want to really set off any buttons or whistles that indicate that I'm an absolute loser; you understand.

    Wouldn't it be really cool if my books took off to the degree and level I hope they do? I mean, that would really be something!! I could stay at home all day and write, promote, and just do it all over again. I could be so creative, and so into it  -- I want this. I do. I don't know if TikTok is the way to go, but you can't know until you do it. I have seen my friends YouTube subs going way up because they also do Reels and TikTok. It's going to be something to learn and work; hopefully I'll become pretty good at it. I have a good tutor. I should be OK.

    I'd say wish me luck, but we don't do luck - - we pray.

Photo Credit: ME

No comments: