Thursday, September 28, 2023

PINBALL (86% written) Woo Hoo!! So Close.

     I really could have finished writing the book today, but I am doing other things in my life that warrant me being present, so I decided to finish the book tomorrow. I'll wait until Saturday (the next day) to write to say how it went and what I'm doing next to complete it. Just finishing the writing doesn't mean the book is ready; oh no. It's got to be gone over, fluffed, stuffed, and formatted. Then, and only then, can it be DONE.

    I'm 86% done now, meaning, I've written 74000 words of the expected 86000 words. I'll do the rest tomorrow, and then I'll start the really fun part. First, I go through the book for spacing, font, and size issues. If anything is out of place, not the right size, or the right font, I fix it. I justify the sides of all the text and I make sure the indentions are in place, the quotes are where they need to be, and all quotes are in italics. That's the first step. 

    I go through to make sure there are no spelling or grammar issues. I can't catch them all, but I do my best, I promise. I do this before I fluff and stuff, and I sort of fluff and stuff at the same time (to be honest) so that I'm working the entire book at the same time. I'm reading it, adding to it, going over it, and just making sure it all makes sense.

    Then, after I get all the points added from the notes I took along the way, I go back over it ONE MORE TIME to be sure it makes sense, that I said what I wanted to say, and I take out things that may be too hard to read. I can read tougher things than some. I can't watch it, but I can read it and I can write it. I'm not sure why that is. I get grossed out if I see it. I couldn't watch the movie about my books probably, just saying.

    Then...I format the book! YEA. When I do that I check the margins, and make it look like I want it to look. I add the pages, and I add the headers. I wish I could figure out how to start the pages at chapter one, but I can't, I've tried. I've watched the videos, it's not that big of a deal, really, but yeah, something I wish I could do. At least I know how to add cool fonts and all that - - woot.

    When I format it, and it all looks good, I save it as a PDF and I prepare the cover in Canva. HOWEVER, this time around the cover is already made. I did it already, and I'm pretty stoked about that fact. I'll format the book, make sure it looks great and probably by Monday or Tuesday I'll upload both the PDF interior and the cover, and then it's a waiting game. I'm still waiting for "Edinburgh" to be published. I sent it off on September 7, and I've not gotten it back so I can approve it yet. That is so not right. Oh well, we'll hope they can get their act together soon. I hate waiting.

    I'll keep you posted. YEA!!

Photo Credit: Unknown

No comments: